ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain vs Indefinite Leave to Enter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elsaundersx
Newly Registered
Mood:

Indefinite Leave to Remain vs Indefinite Leave to Enter

Post by elsaundersx » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi,

I see there's ILR and ILE and I can't really tell the difference.

I'm just curious........... I read up on wikipedia about ILE... it seems like ILE is basically ILR but for people who aren't in Britain yet and/or it's ILR but it's temporary... wikipedia can be edited by anyone so I can't be 100% sure.

If anyone could explain the slight difference it would greatly appreciated.

secret.simon

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain vs Indefinite Leave to Enter

Post by secret.simon » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Same status, but ILR is issued within the UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain), while ILE is issued when the person is outside the UK (Indefinite Leave to Enter).

If you elaborate further with your details, we could guide you further more specifically.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

elsaundersx
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by elsaundersx » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:21 am

Hi that's fine I understand now.

How does one even manage to pass/get ILE though? Seems harder than getting ILR.

I am a British Citizen, born and bred in Britain with a British Passport, I just wondered so thanks for answering my question. I was waiting for a notification that my question has been answered I just had to scroll down the threads to se if mine was answered... if anything I need help with my account on here now. If I have any more questions about immigration, I will definitely come back to this thread or forum. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:18 am

How does one even manage to pass/get ILE though?

A spouse cannot get ILE anymore from abroad. It was removed many years ago. It is now only children born abroad to an ILR holder or a British by descent person that can get it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.