ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it still possible to apply for naturalisation by post?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Is it still possible to apply for naturalisation by post?

Post by RiverSong » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:35 pm

I downloaded the AN Form about six months ago to prepare for my application which I intend to do next week. I am looking now for up-to-date version, as the one I have is from Sep 18, but can't find anything. Does this mean it is now only possible to apply online?

I was also wondering how similar is the current online application to the paper form. Does anyone know? I have questions but not sure if some of them are still relevant when applying online.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is it still possible to apply for naturalisation by post?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:39 pm

The paper forms have been withdrawn - online will ask for the same information (can't advise on the exact format as we don't have sight of the input screens), and with UKVCAS you keep your originals, including passport and BRP/PR card.
Don't worry about your questions - they are likely same or similar to the ones being asked here regularly.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Post by RiverSong » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Thank you for your reply alterhase58.

I have started the online application and have reached the page where I have to enter the first referee details as shown below.

Title
Given names
Family name
Adress
Town/City
Postcode
Have they lived at this address for more than 3 years

In the paper form the section asked for more details that the above. Since I can't move forward on the application until I enter these details I can't check if the next page asks for further details regarding the first referee or if it asks to enter the second referee details. Does anyone know? I am going to send an email requesting the above details from the referee and I would like to request them all in one go rather than having to send another email requesting for further details once I have entered these on the form. Thank you!

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:53 pm

you can put whatever answer just to move forward to see what they ask next and then come back and put the correct details when you have them from you referee. They will ask for the second one of course and other details like their passport number and occupation. You can always just fill up the fields to move forward and then come back and amend.

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Post by RiverSong » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:36 am

Will do that! Thanks for the suggestion!

RiverSong
Newly Registered

Post by RiverSong » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:54 am

Does anyone know if the referee with professional standing can be retired?

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:03 pm

RiverSong wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:54 am
Does anyone know if the referee with professional standing can be retired?
Good question, any senior member here has an answer please?

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:08 pm

Alien2017 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:53 pm
you can put whatever answer just to move forward to see what they ask next and then come back and put the correct details when you have them from you referee. They will ask for the second one of course and other details like their passport number and occupation. You can always just fill up the fields to move forward and then come back and amend.
Where on the form will the referee sign? I've filled both referee details and the online form took me to my biometrics card details. Will the final form show a signature space when I print out the document at the end?

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:14 am

When you submit the application, you'll get something to take to each of your referees to sign and include along with your other supporting documents that you upload.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:40 am

Nerazzuri wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:14 am
When you submit the application, you'll get something to take to each of your referees to sign and include along with your other supporting documents that you upload.
But I need to know what information I should seek from my referees before I proceed to fill and print. Is there a way to get a sample/template copy at all?

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:12 am

No further information besides what's in the online form already. They're simply signing a declaration page confirming the following:

Referee declaration
I declare and confirm:
• That I am qualified to act as a referee.
• That the photograph above is a true likeness of the applicant.
• That I understand each of the points in the “Requirements of a referee”
section.
• That, to the best of my knowledge, the details of the applicant given in this
application are correct.
• That my details as a referee given in this application are correct.
• That I understand that I could be fined up to £5,000, or go to prison for up to
3 months, if I knowingly give false information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:57 am

I attached the referee form below. Simply get this form signed by each referee however remember that you must fill in all their details on the online application.
Attachments
Referee_Declaration_MN1.pdf.zip
(55.48 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice