ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just confirming re: proof of living in UK 3 year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

belky007
Newly Registered

Question about application reference number

Post by belky007 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:16 am

Hi everyone,

My wife has ILR status and I'm submitting her application for naturalisation form AN.

At one part it asks for date of application and reference number.

Wonder if anyone knows the answer to:
1) Is the date of application the date the form is submitted or the date of her biometric appointment?

2) It asks for the reference number of the application. I thought that reference number is listed on the form application as Unique Application Number: and it is a 16 digit number like 1234-1234-1234-1234/00. When i put that to submit the online application gives me an error that reads "your answer cannot have special characters". Is this not the correct reference number?

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Question about application reference number

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:23 am

1) Is the date of application the date the form is submitted or the date of her biometric appointment?
Date of application is the date of application. Biometric appointment or other events are not going to changing anything to the date of the application.

2 - I don't see the number you are referring to, but if the form doesn't accept special characters, just enter the number without these characters.

Like for 1234-ABC you would enter 1234 ABC

belky007
Newly Registered

Post by belky007 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:29 am

Thank you that is very helpful. So on form AN1 it appears to be asking for all the previous visa applications. So the indefinite leave to remain and whatever ones were prior. If you are correct I guess we simply need to put the 16 digit number without the /00.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:43 am

Yes, that's what I would. Remove the hyphens and enter just the numbers and letter. They will find it anyway.

belky007
Newly Registered

Just confirming re: proof of living in UK 3 year

Post by belky007 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Hello,

I believe this topic has been discussed here so apologies, tried searching but didn't find the exact situational answer.

I just wanted to confirm. My wife is applying for naturalisation under form AN. It asks for her current passport as well as "Proof of living in the UK" for the 3 years (she is applying as a spouse of British Citizen).

Just double-checking, but is that proof simply her passport as it was stamped for every entry into the UK. We don't need to provide anything else like payslips or P60s correct? It did not specifically ask for those.

Thanks!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Just confirming re: proof of living in UK 3 year

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:28 pm

belky007 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm
Hello,

I believe this topic has been discussed here so apologies, tried searching but didn't find the exact situational answer.

I just wanted to confirm. My wife is applying for naturalisation under form AN. It asks for her current passport as well as "Proof of living in the UK" for the 3 years (she is applying as a spouse of British Citizen).

Just double-checking, but is that proof simply her passport as it was stamped for every entry into the UK. This should suffice We don't need to provide anything else like payslips or P60s correct? It did not specifically ask for those.

Thanks!