ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Landing cards request for Naturalization(old passport stolen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dashenka
Newly Registered

Landing cards request for Naturalization(old passport stolen

Post by dashenka » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:40 am

Hello,

please help :? i`m about to apply for Naturalisation after compliting 5 year period.My old passport with entry stamps have been stolen,so there is no way of proving that i`ve been in the UK in 2005. I was on a tourist visa for 6 months,so i have no bills,payslips,rent contract,etc.
Is there any way i can request copies of my landing cards from 2005?
who do i need to contact to get them please?

Please help!

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:43 pm

If you've followed a standard process to reach your 5 year period (e.g. HSMP/ILR) - then the home office will have a record of your journey and of your new passport linked to the old one.

You shouldn't need these details - just write a note indicating the old passport is stolen, along with the police reference number (you *have* reported it right?) and preferably the passport number itself. Include any home office reference numbers you have.

If you've got to your 5 years another way - can you detail that to ensure you're entitled to apply and people can then best advise you.

M.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:54 pm

dashenka
Newly Registered

Post by dashenka » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am

Thank you.

i`ve received my ILR through marriage to EU citizen in 2008,but applying for Naturalization as a person completed 5 years residency period(because i`m a spouse of UE and not a British citizen:(
I`ve been here on a Tourist visa for 6 months in 2005.After that switched to spouse visa,so basically i need to find a way to prove i`ve been in UK for these 6 months in 2005.
i`ve requested Personal Data from H.O.for £10 but all i got was the records on me from my first arrival here on a Spouse visa in 2006.Nothing from 2005:(
maybe i need to call HO and specify that i need landing cards copies?will they have this information? i even tried to contact Heathrow but they said they don`t hold this info.
i find it hard to believe that nobody has records on me being in the country in 2005.Somebody got to have records of people coming in and out!

oh yes i have reported the loss of my old passport.Will probably need to call the police station to try to get the case number of them.Which i have a strong feeling they`ll say they don`t have or don`t keep..:)

please advise:) thank you so much!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:07 am

IMHO, submit another SAR requesting data from 2005 onwards (e.g. - copies of landing cards since 2005, arrival and departure information since 2005 held in records etc.).

regards

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:40 pm

I recently made a request for SAR fron Home Office and explained that i needed it to prove my immigration history following the loss of my passport.

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 pm

contd

However when the report came it had many documents not relating to immigration history and only had copies of my landing card for 1, my first visit ever to the UK in 1999 with a visitor's visa and my initial entry for the HSMP scheme in 2006. My other trips outside the UK during the HSMP scheme was not referred to despite the fact that i gave ALL details of my exit from and entry to the UK. I dont know if the documents will constitute proof of presence in the UK.

Tony

dashenka
Newly Registered

Post by dashenka » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

thanks a lot.

i`ve sent another letter to HO quoting my initial reference requesting further information (my visits in 2005) .i didn`t include another £10 check... (which maybe i should of:/)....

also does anyone know if you have to employed when you apply for natiralisation?
as i`m planning to apply and go abroad for several months.
Thanks again everyone!

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 pm

There is no requirement for you to be employed when you apply for naturalisation.