ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life In The UK Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sirjameso
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Life In The UK Test

Post by Sirjameso » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm

Hello All,

I hope you can help. I obtained my ILR settlement status in 2011 (previously had a spouse visa) and applied for and got my Biometric Resident Permit Card in 2017.

As required for the ILR application I had to successfully complete the LITUK test, which I did sometime in 2010/11. Unfortunately, due to house moves I have lost the evidence/certificate confirming I passed the test. :oops:

I am looking to apply for British Citizenship in the next few months and wondered if I need to redo the LITUK test. I would have thought as I already have the ILR, that is evidence I had passed the test or was exempt at the time.

Does any one have an answer for this? Has anyone else been in this position and what did you do? Additionally, how long is the test result valid for?

Thanks for reading this.

Cheers,

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Re: Life In The UK Test

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:36 am

I think You will need to contact the Home Office and explain to them about that on this number 03001 232 253 

Seekr
Newly Registered
India

Re: Life In The UK Test

Post by Seekr » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Sirjameso wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 pm
Hello All,

I hope you can help. I obtained my ILR settlement status in 2011 (previously had a spouse visa) and applied for and got my Biometric Resident Permit Card in 2017.

As required for the ILR application I had to successfully complete the LITUK test, which I did sometime in 2010/11. Unfortunately, due to house moves I have lost the evidence/certificate confirming I passed the test. :oops:

I am looking to apply for British Citizenship in the next few months and wondered if I need to redo the LITUK test. I would have thought as I already have the ILR, that is evidence I had passed the test or was exempt at the time.

Does any one have an answer for this? Has anyone else been in this position and what did you do? Additionally, how long is the test result valid for?

Thanks for reading this.

Cheers,
This is all the info on the website https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Detailed information here:https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Safe option is to check with a Solicitor or retake the test.