ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Link between passport fee deduction and approval date for NDRS + JCAP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London_calling
Newly Registered

Link between passport fee deduction and approval date for NDRS + JCAP

Post by London_calling » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Hello All

I am just trying to establish a link/ connection between passport fee deduction and approval letter date for NDRS (online) + JCAP applications only.

Has any one got approval letter on (or soon after) the passport fee deduction which seems to be a month from the online application date for Feb and Mar 2018 applications as per the timeline threads? Is there a link between the two unlike NCS applications where passport fees gets deducted (along with application fee) soon after biometrics/ acknowledgement letters issued usually 15 days approx from the postal application.

Any inputs/ experience shared/ thoughts would be highly appreciated and could be useful to applicants in process here on the forum.

Thank you in advance!

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Link between passport fee deduction and approval date for NDRS + JCAP

Post by plabo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:48 pm

London_calling wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Hello All

I am just trying to establish a link/ connection between passport fee deduction and approval letter date for NDRS (online) + JCAP applications only.

Has any one got approval letter on (or soon after) the passport fee deduction which seems to be a month from the online application date for Feb and Mar 2018 applications as per the timeline threads? Is there a link between the two unlike NCS applications where passport fees gets deducted (along with application fee) soon after biometrics/ acknowledgement letters issued usually 15 days approx from the postal application.

Any inputs/ experience shared/ thoughts would be highly appreciated and could be useful to applicants in process here on the forum.

Thank you in advance!
Absolutely no link.

Passport fee WILL STILL be deducted even if the naturalisation application is refused later.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:09 pm

London_calling wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm
Hello All

Thank you in advance!
Passport fee is taken separately from passport office, usually between 2-4 weeks from application judging from the timelines. It is taken separately from naturalization fee for both NDRS and NCS applications and not linked to biometrics either.

London_calling
Newly Registered

Post by London_calling » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am

Thanks plabo and Hstepper07.

I meant to say decision date (rather than just approval date).

Observing the timeline, am I correct to assume the decision date is usually after the passport fee deduction date for NDRS + JCAP application via council? I assume it would be unusual other way around? I applied online on the 12th March but my passport fee is not deducted yet though I observed others fees are although applied after 12th March.

Anyone applied for jumbo passport with £85.50 passport fee and processed normal? Will appreciate if you share your experience please.

Thank you!

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by plabo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:18 am

London_calling wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 am
Thanks plabo and Hstepper07.

I meant to say decision date (rather than just approval date).

Observing the timeline, am I correct to assume the decision date is usually after the passport fee deduction date for NDRS + JCAP application via council? I assume it would be unusual other way around? I applied online on the 12th March but my passport fee is not deducted yet though I observed others fees are although applied after 12th March.

Anyone applied for jumbo passport with £85.50 passport fee and processed normal? Will appreciate if you share your experience please.

Thank you!
I have applied for the jumbo passport.

Application submitted online 1st March through NDRS.
Supporting documents received by HO on 5th March.
Passport fee deducted on 22nd March.
Awaiting decision.

i2kshashi

Post by i2kshashi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Interesting... in terms of Link between passport fee deduction and approval date for NDRS + JCAP.....not sure on the internal UKVI & Passport office process for an online application however in my Local Authority passport check receipt (JCAP Process) ..it's mentioned as

"Fee accepted to be forwarded to HM Passport Office on successful completion of your
citizenship application.Your application for a passport will be sent with your citizenship application to the Home Office using Royal Mail. It will be kept by Her Majesty's Passport Office (HM Passport Office) until your application for citizenship has been processed. If your application for citizenship is unsuccessful
HM Passport Office will not continue with the passport application"

"Following a successful citizenship application your passport application and payment will
be sent to HM Passport Office. Payment will be processed within 5 to 14 days of receipt
Please allow 20 working days to receive your Passport following your Citizenship
Ceremony HM Passport Office will not refund the fee if your passport application is unsuccessful
or withdrawn"

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:00 pm

Honestly there is no link and best way is to wait for the outcome . You can get good idea once your fee is gone and invitation letter for Bio metric appear on post but apart from this there is no update from HO ( I have heard something about an on line service but not sure how much accurately it reflects the application stages) .

If HO needs some info , they will send you mail via post ( if get lucky , you can even get email from them) . If your case is all good , you will receive an official certificate ( watch closely anything with brown letter in your post ) after that you will receive a text message from HMPO that your passport is in process ( assuming you have done your ceremony bit) .

Finally wait for small white letter from DXC .. journey over ..that's your shinny new passport

wish you best of luck!
Thanks

Ali

London_calling
Newly Registered

Post by London_calling » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 pm

I agree. Having looked further in timelines for the most recent online applications (NDRS) approval for March 2018, there is NO link between passport fee deduction and application approval/ decision date.

It simply means your application is in process and should be approved (if straight forward) within few days/ weeks from the passport fee deduction date.

Also, further proof is perhaps some unfortunate applicants only got the ceremony fee refund and not the passport fee.

Just one point off the topic I would like to make is that NCS applications (paper via councils) seems to be going faster compared to NDRS applications (online via council) looking at the processing timeline for March 2018 so far - Just a personal observation so don't quote me on this.

All the best to those who are awaiting decision and in process of applying!

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:08 pm

London_calling wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 pm
Just one point off the topic I would like to make is that NCS applications (paper via councils) seems to be going faster compared to NDRS applications (online via council) looking at the processing timeline for March 2018 so far - Just a personal observation so don't quote me on this.
Maybe it is a bit too early to make this assumption. Only about 3 cases have been approved from march naturalization timeline.

JennyOmo
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by JennyOmo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Hey guys,

I would like to share my experience. On 27.09.2018, I submitted my JCAP application online. On 02.10.2018, I attended my local council.

On 04.10.2018, I completed my biometric enrolment. On 30.10.2018, I received a letter from HMPO, that they were unable to process my passport payment. I made payment on the same day.

On 09.11.2018, I received my invitation letter for ceremony. Dated on 30.10.2018.
I am of the opinion that there may be a link between payment of passport and approval. But please don’t quote, this is my personal view.

I will keep you updated once I receive my passport. Good luck to you guys who are awaiting a response. :)

AliSufii

Post by AliSufii » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:35 pm

JennyOmo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 pm
Hey guys,

I would like to share my experience. On 27.09.2018, I submitted my JCAP application online. On 02.10.2018, I attended my local council.

On 04.10.2018, I completed my biometric enrolment. On 30.10.2018, I received a letter from HMPO, that they were unable to process my passport payment. I made payment on the same day.

On 09.11.2018, I received my invitation letter for ceremony. Dated on 30.10.2018.
I am of the opinion that there may be a link between payment of passport and approval. But please don’t quote, this is my personal view.

I will keep you updated once I receive my passport. Good luck to you guys who are awaiting a response. :)
Appreciate your input.

My HMPO payment cut on 12th Oct. (Applied on 17th Sep.) still waiting

daisyd
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by daisyd » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:15 pm

JennyOmo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:03 pm
Hey guys,

Hey @JennyOmo! Thank you for your post - really useful!

Similar situation to yours which is why I am quoting your post... :)

I applied on the 31.10.2018 (via the online application), did my NDRS appointment on 05.11.2018 (biometrics on 01.11.2018) and today 21.11.2018 got my Monzo notification that they have tried to take the £85 but couldn't due to insufficient funds :? Now I've topped it up... :oops:

As a result, I am panicking as not sure what to do next - do I send them a letter, asking them to try again, do I call them (does anyone have a number?! couldn't find any) or do I wait until they send me a letter like yours?

Would you mind sharing what the letter says for the unsuccessful payment and what was the payment method for the passport application?

Does anyone know here whether this would jeopardize the citizenship application overall? Extreme thinking here but after spending so much money, you always go with the worst case scenario until given more information :)

Thank you so much in advance!!

trilobite1981
Mood:

Post by trilobite1981 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 am

daisyd wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:15 pm
As a result, I am panicking as not sure what to do next - do I send them a letter, asking them to try again, do I call them (does anyone have a number?! couldn't find any) or do I wait until they send me a letter like yours?
It will not affect your citizenship application. Give a quick call to HMPO. they are very helpful people. No need to panic.

daisyd
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by daisyd » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am

trilobite1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 am
daisyd wrote:
It will not affect your citizenship application. Give a quick call to HMPO. they are very helpful people. No need to panic.
Thank you so much for your help! Just spoke to HMPO and they advised I should wait until I receive the letter from them, detailing on how to make the payment before taking any action.

Thank you again!

daisyd
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by daisyd » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:55 am

daisyd wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:55 am
trilobite1981 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 am
daisyd wrote:
Thank you so much for your help! Just spoke to HMPO and they advised I should wait until I receive the letter from them, detailing on how to make the payment before taking any action.

Thank you again!
Update on this.

HMPO attempted another payment request just now which was successful this time around! :)

Thank you for your help!

Lesson learned: please ensure you have £85 in the nominated card even if you haven't heard back from Home Office on your citizenship application :)

az121212
BANNED

Post by az121212 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:26 pm

daisyd wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:55 am
Lesson learned: please ensure you have £85 in the nominated card even if you haven't heard back from Home Office on your citizenship application :)
That's just common sense..

chattokhan

Post by chattokhan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Quick note on my experience.

Submitted online application on 06/11/2018 and appointment with local council following day. The lady who validated my documents told me that application may take up to 6 months during this time do not contact UKVI. If passport fees is deducted that means your naturalisation application has been successful. I asked her again "Passport fees is deducted when naturalisation application has been successful?" she said Yes. My passport fees has not been deducted yet.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:24 pm

chattokhan wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:02 pm
Quick note on my experience.

Submitted online application on 06/11/2018 and appointment with local council following day. The lady who validated my documents told me that application may take up to 6 months during this time do not contact UKVI. If passport fees is deducted that means your naturalisation application has been successful. I asked her again "Passport fees is deducted when naturalisation application has been successful?" she said Yes. My passport fees has not been deducted yet.

Thanks
We have had members who had both fees deducted and still got refused citizenship, losing the passport fee. There is apparently no correlation between passport fee deduction and approval.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.