ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost identification by UKVI--Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zinao

Lost identification by UKVI--Help

Post by zinao » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi
In my haste to beat Brexit, I sent a paper application for naturalisation to the HO in 2018.
I also sent my passports, BRP and drivers licence.
I was worried as I did not receive an immediate acknowledgement.
They scared me as they told me that they were looking for my package.
They did not acknowledge until the end of January 2019.
However, when they did they did not list any of ID.
I did not really query it as I happy they found my application so I assumed everything was in order.
To my shock, I got an email from the caseworker and she was asking for my passports.
She has given me 2 weeks or my application will be denied.
I responded to her and told her I had sent my passport off with the application including my BRP and drivers licence.
I dont know if that is enough and dont know what to do.

Anthony2
Newly Registered

Re: Lost identification by UKVI--Help

Post by Anthony2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 pm

What's the haste to beat Brexit anyway?

If you are from a non EU country then nothing will change and if you are here from a member EU country then as you are already here, you can carry on living here.

Bob456
Newly Registered

Post by Bob456 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:11 am

There may be a haste. Some EU countries only allow dual citizenship with other EU countries.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 am

Bob456 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:11 am
There may be a haste. Some EU countries only allow dual citizenship with other EU countries.
The OP is a NON EU citizen who followed the UK Immigration Route and holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zinao

Post by zinao » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:48 pm

I have tried to contact the home office but no one is answering my emails.

This incident started in January, if my documents are missing I have to report the matter to the police and tell them it has been tampered with by someone at the home office. If you recall from another blog post I was worried that they did not process immediately and were looking for my package and it took a whole month. I was telling them to secure my documents because my passports were included but they paid no heed even though it was sent with secured mail. Now, look at the result.

Neither the caseworker or customer service want to tell me whether they are in possession of the identification documents that I sent. Time is running down. They have given me until the 09/04 or they will refuse my application.

Call me paranoid, In 2011 they briefly seized my documents because I was a little bit out of time and this just feels like it again.

zinao

Post by zinao » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:53 pm

The time the caseworker wants could be identified from my BRP card which shows that I was in the country and they have lost it.
Unfortunately, I was on an extended break d from work during that period and did not sign on the jsa so I have no other documentary proof.

What do I do?

zinao

Post by zinao » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:00 am

Hello all

The caseworker is still not satisfied with the alternative documents I have sent.
She wants to refuse my application.

How can UKVI do this to me? They have lost my ids and now this.

I will have to spend in excess of £600 that I don't have.

What can I do?

zinao

Post by zinao » Thu May 23, 2019 10:03 am

Hello

Just an update

This is really bittersweet.

They have accepted my application and granted me citizenship but are still saying they never received my foreign passports. They only responded when I sent in a complaint. I have just spent £100 trying to get my BRP card drivers licence and they did not respond to me early. I can't do anything without a passport.

Does anyone know how I go about getting compensation for my lost passports with the UKVI as I cannot even apply for a British passport without one and my embassy is saying that it will cost me in excess of £300 including notarization?

zinao

Post by zinao » Mon May 27, 2019 11:53 pm

I seem to be the only one in this forum.
Does anyone know how I could get a refund for the ILR BRP replacement fee since I have now been granted citizenship?
I was not sure I would granted and had to apply for another one before the home office penalised me for not reporting it missing/ stolen.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:49 am

It seems to me that I am also in the same situation. I sent all the documents by post but in the acknowledgement letter it is confirming every document except the ILR BRP I am really worried now don't know where to contact and what to do. Can you kindly guide me where you contacted for this. As I want the confirmation that BRP also recieved.

zinao

Post by zinao » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 am

Sorry I cannot assist. I am still fighting them as I had to pay £75 for a new BRP card even though my citizenship has been approved.

If I did not report ut lost they would have fined me £1000.

I just hope my MP can assist.

Something is going on at the home office and they need to get a grip.

They will come back and state that they did not receive it. Don't give up is all I can advise.