ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my home office invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rach N
Newly Registered

Lost my home office invitation letter

Post by Rach N » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 am

Hi i cleared my house only to realise that i somehow through out my invitation letter, my swearing in is next week. I have emailed home office, but its like shouting in the void, i do not know if they got my emails. how long to they take to respond does anyone know.

Also does this mean that i have to reapply

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lost my home office invitation letter

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Invitation letter or approval letter?? Did you get two separate letters or one combined letter?
No. Stop panicking!! Have you thought to speak to the council?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rach N
Newly Registered

Post by Rach N » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Invitation letter or approval letter?? Did you get two separate letters or one combined letter?

I got just the one telling me to book my ceremony, ( i think it was a combined letter)
No. Stop panicking!! Have you thought to speak to the council?

I think its the letter of approval, the one that tells you to book the ceremony. I went to my council and registry office and they told me that without it i cannot swear in
Last edited by Rach N on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:12 pm

HO can take a couple of weeks to respond to emails.

Best try call the nationality line and get an email copy sent to you asap.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rach N
Newly Registered

Post by Rach N » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:12 pm
HO can take a couple of weeks to respond to emails.

Best try call the nationality line and get an email copy sent to you asap.
I have tried the home office they told me to email home office. Do you have a specific number in mind, also I had booked a new swearing ceremony for next week Wednesday. Do i cancel it, if they do not reply. And again if i miss the swearing ceremony do i really not have to reaaply.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:18 am

You will not need to re-apply for citizenship as long as you attend ceremony within 90 days from date on the letter of approval.
I presume you have already sent the email to the home office. Ask your council regarding re-booking due to circumstances. Also ask how much notice you need to cancel without having to pay again for ceremony.

Rach N
Newly Registered

Post by Rach N » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:07 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:18 am
You will not need to re-apply for citizenship as long as you attend ceremony within 90 days from date on the letter of approval.
I presume you have already sent the email to the home office. Ask your council regarding re-booking due to circumstances. Also ask how much notice you need to cancel without having to pay again for ceremony.
90 days will have passed from when i received it. it expires Jan 11th

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:25 am

It's not 90 days from when you received the letter in the post because the time from approval date and receipt varies wildly from person to person. It's 90 days from the date on the approval letter so make sure it's not already expired.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf Page 19 - 23 for information on ceremonies