ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my naturalisation certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TallCorgi0709
Newly Registered

Lost my naturalisation certificate

Post by TallCorgi0709 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi all

I am a British citizen who obtained citizenship via naturalisation about 11 years ago.
I have managed to lose the certificate at some point over the years

I am applying for a duplicate and the form asks me for the date of my naturalisation - I cannot remember when this was and without the certificate not able to confirm this. It is a mandatory field which I cannot leave blank - can i put in an estimate month and year?
Alternatively, could I put in the issue date of my first British passport?

TIA

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Lost my naturalisation certificate

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:38 pm

TallCorgi0709 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm
Hi all

I am a British citizen who obtained citizenship via naturalisation about 11 years ago.
I have managed to lose the certificate at some point over the years

I am applying for a duplicate and the form asks me for the date of my naturalisation - I cannot remember when this was and without the certificate not able to confirm this. It is a mandatory field which I cannot leave blank - can i put in an estimate month and year?
Alternatively, could I put in the issue date of my first British passport?

TIA
british-citizenship/certificate-lost-t314288.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.