ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MEng Engineer as Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marialivia16
Newly Registered
Romania

MEng Engineer as Referee

Post by marialivia16 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 pm

Hi!
I am preparing my citizen application and trying to find suitable people for my referees. Is a person with a MEng working in the field enough for the engineering profession requirement? It's not clear what 'professional qualifications' refers to.
Thank you!

secret.simon

Re: MEng Engineer as Referee

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:21 pm

"Professional qualifications" generally means being a member of a body regulating the profession, such as the Institution of Mechanical Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers, etc.

Merely working in that field or having studied in that field is not sufficient, to the best of my knowledge.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

strong_and_stable

Post by strong_and_stable » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:23 pm

marialivia16 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:05 pm
Hi!
I am preparing my citizen application and trying to find suitable people for my referees. Is a person with a MEng working in the field enough for the engineering profession requirement? It's not clear what 'professional qualifications' refers to.
Thank you!
An MEng degree is not considered a professional qualification on its own. Most professions have a professional body that awards a professional qualification once a person has demonstrated sufficient competency.

For most degree-level engineers, professional qualification would be Chartered Engineer (CEng) or Incorporated Engineer (IEng). If you work in the engineering field, ask around your office and there should be some people with these qualifications.
"Strong and stable government in the national interest" -Theresa May, Home Secretary (2010-2016)

marialivia16
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by marialivia16 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies! It is clear now.