ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Application Fee Refund

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moromu

MN1 Application Fee Refund

Post by Moromu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Hello All

I am about to make an application for my niece using MN1 form. She lives in the UK for 12 years and is 17 years old. None of her parents applies with her but they all have Permanent Resident Card issued in 2015.
I have two questions:

1. Does she have a chance to get British Citizenship?
2. If something goes wrong, how much fee will Home Office refund to my sister?

Cheers :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Application Fee Refund

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Does she hold PR?

She qualifies as a child if one parent is also applying or is already British and the other parent holds PR.

If the application is refused, there is no refund.

If she has PR and is 18, she can apply as an adult in her own right. English B1 and life in the UK test is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Moromu

Post by Moromu » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:16 pm

She has PR and both of her parents have PR but none of them will apply with her. Too expensive and they can stay as Settled EU members. They want British Citizenship just for her. She was 5 when she arrived here, attended Primary school here and the Secondary School. She is in Year 11 now and needs to apply for Family reason. Does she have a chance?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 pm

The rules are clear, children born abroad can only apply when either parent also applies.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.