ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form Child’s father’s nationality.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emailubk

MN1(1yrs absent) AND AN Both Application

Post by emailubk » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:27 pm

HI EVERY ONE,

My whole family received ILR in Oct 2012,
Now I am planning to apply for Naturalisation, for me and my child (MN1) who is 7yrs old(Born in India)

I have few questions.

1. Can we both apply under section 3(1) at same time for naturalisation? (MN1 and AN) both me and my son?

2. After receiving ILR my son stayed in India for 1 yrs. from 1Jun 2013 till 19 Jun 2014), since then he is with me? but he was absent in UK for over 373 days in last 5 years, but in last 3 yrs. he was just 30 days absent,
Is he eligible for Naturalisation now?
If yes - In MN1 form Section 2.3 asking to provide details for all absences from UK during period of residence above (asking for 5years residence in section 2)
Where as in Guide 2.3 asking for Fill in this table showing the periods the child has been abroad during the 3 years residence in the UK
Should I’ve to give last 3yrs absence or 5 yrs. absence?

3. I have speeding ticket in 2007 (£60 fine and 3 points) all cleared now nothing in counterpart, should I have to mention in my application?

baddy

Re: MN1(1yrs absent) AND AN Both Application

Post by baddy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 pm

emailubk wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:27 pm
HI EVERY ONE,

Now I am planning to apply for Naturalisation, for me and my child (MN1) who is 7yrs old(Born in India)

I have few questions.

1. Can we both apply under section 3(1) at same time for naturalisation? (MN1 and AN) both me and my son? NO, Your son can only apply on section 3(1) and yours will ne 6(1)

2. After receiving ILR my son stayed in India for 1 yrs. from 1Jun 2013 till 19 Jun 2014), since then he is with me? but he was absent in UK for over 373 days in last 5 years, but in last 3 yrs. he was just 30 days absent,
Is he eligible for Naturalisation now? YES HE IS.
If yes - In MN1 form Section 2.3 asking to provide details for all absences from UK during period of residence above (asking for 5years residence in section 2)
Where as in Guide 2.3 asking for Fill in this table showing the periods the child has been abroad during the 3 years residence in the UK
Should I’ve to give last 3yrs absence or 5 yrs. absence? Since he got his ILR in 2012 and he was resident here as at that time, You have to give absence for last five years 5 years. But his absence does not matter, he has been resident for 3.5 years continously, so he will be fine.

3. I have speeding ticket in 2007 (£60 fine and 3 points) all cleared now nothing in counterpart, should I have to mention in my application? YES, you need to declare to prevent any problem with the caseworker.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks Baddy for your reply,

In question 1 I meant can we both apply same time?
I've one more question: Child Referees, One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher
School head teacher know him from last 2.5 yrs, Is this acceptable for professional referee?

Thanks

baddy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:03 pm
emailubk wrote:
HI EVERY ONE,

I have few questions.

1. Can we both apply under section 3(1) at same time for naturalisation? (MN1 and AN) both me and my son? NO, Your son can only apply on section 3(1) and yours will ne 6(1)

Should I’ve to give last 3yrs absence or 5 yrs. absence? Since he got his ILR in 2012 and he was resident here as at that time, You have to give absence for last five years 5 years. But his absence does not matter, he has been resident for 3.5 years continously, so he will be fine.

3. I have speeding ticket in 2007 (£60 fine and 3 points) all cleared now nothing in counterpart, should I have to mention in my application? YES, you need to declare to prevent any problem with the caseworker.

baddy

Post by baddy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am

emailubk wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 am

I've one more question: Child Referees, One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher
School head teacher know him from last 2.5 yrs, Is this acceptable for professional referee?

Thanks

baddy wrote:
emailubk wrote:
HI EVERY ONE,

I have few questions.

Yes, you guys can apply at the same time, your son is applying on 3(1) which is Home Office secretary discretion. He is fine from what you have stated above. Regarding the referee, it does not have to be the school teacher. The referees that are signing your application can sign his as well, as long as they know him as they know you. I did same for my son, same referees did for two of usand we both got approved. As long as the the referees are suitable, they can do both.

emailubk

Post by emailubk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Thanks Baddy,

Just last question, I'm using 2 referee for my application(AN) as friends who is director of ltd company, Can I use same referee for my child? for (MN1)

But there is confusion in application it says

5.1 Each referee should know the child personally. One referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25 (but see also page 25 of the Guide).

Please help me.

Thanks

baddy wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 am
emailubk wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 am

Thanks

baddy wrote:
emailubk wrote:
HI EVERY ONE,

I have few questions.

Yes, you guys can apply at the same time, your son is applying on 3(1) which is Home Office secretary discretion. He is fine from what you have stated above. Regarding the referee, it does not have to be the school teacher. The referees that are signing your application can sign his as well, as long as they know him as they know you. I did same for my son, same referees did for two of usand we both got approved. As long as the the referees are suitable, they can do both.

emailubk

MN1 form Child’s father’s nationality.

Post by emailubk » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Every one,

I Applying for naturalisation AN and MN1 for my son(Under Section 3(1)),
I have question in form
1.26 Child’s father’s nationality. If a British citizen say how and when this was acquired, for example, birth, adoption, descent, registration or naturalisation. If dead, give date and place of death and nationality at time of death:

Can you some one let me know what to fill in?

I'm not British Citizen yet, we both applying same time now?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 form Child’s father’s nationality.

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 am

emailubk wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:44 am
Hi Every one,

I Applying for naturalisation AN and MN1 for my son(Under Section 3(1)),
I have question in form
1.26 Child’s father’s nationality. If a British citizen say how and when this was acquired, for example, birth, adoption, descent, registration or naturalisation. If dead, give date and place of death and nationality at time of death:

Can you some one let me know what to fill in?

I'm not British Citizen yet, we both applying same time now?

Thanks
You state your CURRENT nationality, as the form clearly asks. It does say 'IF a British.....'
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.