ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chattean
India

MN1 Form Queries

Post by chattean » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi Team,
I am applying British Citizen for my kids as I have been granted ILR.
If have got below queries:

1) In list of documents it is asking parents to provide evidence of their citizenship even though in application its mentioned that parent are settled using ILR. Moreover there is another item in documents saying to provide BRP as well, which make sense. Could you help

This is the exact text from the document page:
If Miss XYZ XYZ told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate

2) In the declaration page, I have selected option b as detailed below, is this correct? Also where is authorization provided, is that same as the parent authorization to fill application?

a) I am an applicant and I am authorised to act on behalf of the other applicants and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

b) I am a representative of the applicants and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them

Thanks

chattean
India

Re: MN1 Form Queries

Post by chattean » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:34 am

Could someone reply please?

secret.simon

Re: MN1 Form Queries

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:49 am

chattean wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:22 pm
I have been granted ILR.
chattean wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:22 pm
This is the exact text from the document page:
If Miss XYZ XYZ told us that their parent is a British citizen then you must provide us evidence of their citizenship. This could include their British passport, a certificate of citizenship or their birth certificate
Your question answers itself.

If your child had a British parent, the above proof needs to be adduced.

Your child does not have a British parent and therefore that proof does not need to be provided.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.