ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sachink0201
India

MN1 questions

Post by sachink0201 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Dear board members

We need to register our infant son (5 months old) as BC through MN1. Parents both have ILR.

My son doesn’t have an Indian Passport. We didn’t apply for it. He has birth certificate and of course we as his parents have our proofs such as passports, ILR BRPs etc.

1. The document checklist seems to ask for his passport. Do we need to apply passport first or we can do MN1 without passport? I’d like to skip India passport if possible.

2. The document checklist is asking for a referee that has worked with him professional capacity. What if Doctor and Health worker doesn’t agree to become referee? We are requesting them but from what I know they don’t agree generally.

Thanks a ton

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 questions

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:35 pm

1. It does say IF for a passport. A UK born child does NOT need a foreign passport to apply on MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.