ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Referees Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avaixhah

MN1 Referees Query

Post by avaixhah » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:45 am

Hi,

I am in the process of filling the MN1 from for my 2 years old daughter. In the referral section, i was asked to provide two referee (one should be professional, head teacher, health visitor etc).

my question is do I really need to provide a professional referee (say Health visitor). If yes then I have to provide his/her all the information and have to get the referee declaration form signed from him/her.?

or

can I get any professional to become a referee for 2 years old.?

please advise.
thanks
Syed

zimba
Mood:

Re: MN1 Referees Query

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:04 pm

You need a person who has dealt with your child in a professional capacity as a suitable referee.
If you want to use any other professional who has not dealt with your child directly, you must demonstrate first that suitable referees were not willing to provide their details.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

avaixhah

Post by avaixhah » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:10 pm

I will ask HV in first instance, but I have heard that HV/GP have stopped giving their references. What sort of evidence do I need in case they refuse to give reference?

I can get someone in my office (Chartered Engineer) to sign that form for me.

Initially I was thinking to get my family friend (British Citizen) to sign the form for me. Would that be acceptable.?

please advise.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 pm

For children they can act as referees but you need letters/evidence that they refused.
List of recognised professions: https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passp ... ignatories
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

avaixhah

Post by avaixhah » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:20 am

HI,

I have just checked with GP/HV, they refused to sign the referee declaration form. What sort of evidence should I ask them to provide?. A letter explaining their refusal? Is that something really required?

can I get any professional listed in the accepted occupation countersignatories to sign the form instead? assuming its ok for 2 years old.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Any evidence. Try to get a letter. I already answered your question above :!: