ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My referee didn't meet the criteria to confirm passport identity and I have no one else to ask

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wertyouoyoyy
Newly Registered
Poland

My referee didn't meet the criteria to confirm passport identity and I have no one else to ask

Post by wertyouoyoyy » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:37 am

My referee is a photographer but somehow didn't meet the criteria and now I have no one else to ask to do it for me; what are my options if I don't know anyone? Even if I find someone, will I have to wait 10 weeks again?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: My referee didn't meet the criteria to confirm passport identity and I have no one else to ask

Post by Ticktack » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:04 am

wertyouoyoyy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:37 am
My referee is a photographer but somehow didn't meet the criteria and now I have no one else to ask to do it for me; what are my options if I don't know anyone? Even if I find someone, will I have to wait 10 weeks again?
I'm afraid that there's no way around it. The requirements is the requirements. No one can tell you how long it would take.
The system takes as long as it takes. Referees have to be verified, there's no way to skip the process.

Always nice to get it right 1st time.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

wertyouoyoyy
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: My referee didn't meet the criteria to confirm passport identity and I have no one else to ask

Post by wertyouoyoyy » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 am

Well, can I cancel my application and at least get my documents back then?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:25 am

wertyouoyoyy wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:06 am
Well, can I cancel my application and at least get my documents back then?
That's quite an unusual request, but I guess it's possible. You'd have to call HMPO for that answer.

HMPO Helpline (0300 222 0000, Textphone: 18001 0300 222 0222)
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

isla87
Wales

Post by isla87 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:08 pm

If he's a photographer, why did they not accept him?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 pm

To be a professional referee one has to be a member of a professional body, it's not enough to be a photographer for work. The requirements for professional referees are very strict...
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.