ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and original document missing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

Naturalisation and original document missing

Post by sojan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:30 am

One of my colleague applied for naturalisation and sent original documents by post. He got his application approved and the original documents were sent back. BUT original Life in the UK (LiUK) certificate went missing !! The enclosed documents didn't have LiUK in the list.

- Tried contacting generic UKBA phone number at croydon, but they can't track it.
- Emailed the contact address as per the approval letter, but no response.

Have anyone of you had issue with missing original document?
Is it good to sent a hard-copy letter to UKBA?

any inputs would be very helpful

VR

The Original Life In UK Certificate

Post by VR » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:44 am

Sojan,

This is a very big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!He will be stopped at supermarkets and asked to show this Certificate!! ROFL

My Friend Jokes apart, the Original LIUK Cert is retained by the Home office always. They dont return it.

So nothing amiss here.
cheers
vr

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 am

Even if they return the LiUK test pass cert, it should be destined to bin immediately. After naturalisation, this cert is not worth the paper its written on.

sojan

Re: The Original Life In UK Certificate

Post by sojan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:57 am

VR wrote:Sojan,

This is a very big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!He will be stopped at supermarkets and asked to show this Certificate!! ROFL

My Friend Jokes apart, the Original LIUK Cert is retained by the Home office always. They dont return it.

So nothing amiss here.
cheers
vr
:)
Thanks VR. Ah, I didn't know they retain LiUK. cheers