ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

nionlight
Member of Standing
Posts: 441
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by nionlight » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Kibria wrote:
Kibria wrote:Application type: Adult British Citizenship Application 
Method of Application: Royal Mail Tracked, Guarantee Next Day Delivery
Date When Fees Was Deducted: Fee not deducted yet 
Date of application:18/10/13 
Date of Receipt of application: 19/10/13 
Date of application acknowledged by IPS: Not acknowledged 
Date of return of documents: Not received yet 
Date of interview Letter: N/A 
Date of passport interview appointment: N/A 
date of passport received : N/A
Received acknowledgement letter today with yesterday date mentioning the payment has been declined. That is a big surprise as I have been making sure for every single day since 18/98 that there are clear funds available in the account. Also called the bank to confirm. Bank has stated that there hasn't been any payment decline recorded on their. Anyways I have resent the payment slip and advised the bank that there is going to be a payment deduct by UKBA. Fingers crossed. Good thing is something has happened
Last edited by nionlight on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kibria
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:00 am

Post by Kibria » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:39 pm

nionlight wrote:
Kibria wrote:
Kibria wrote:Application type: Adult British Citizenship Application 
Method of Application: Royal Mail Tracked, Guarantee Next Day Delivery
Date When Fees Was Deducted: Fee not deducted yet 
Date of application:18/10/13 
Date of Receipt of application: 19/10/13 
Date of application acknowledged by IPS: Not acknowledged 
Date of return of documents: Not received yet 
Date of interview Letter: N/A 
Date of passport interview appointment: N/A 
date of passport received : N/A
Received acknowledgement letter today with yesterday date mentioning the payment has been declined. That is a big surprise as I have been making sure for every single day since 18/98 that there are clear funds available in the account. Also called the bank to confirm. Bank has stated that there hasn't been any payment decline recorded on their. Anyways I have resent the payment slip and advised the bank that there is going to be a payment deduct by UKBA. Fingers crossed. Good thing is something has happened
That is super suspicious. Because the case went to payment stage only for those whose application reached on 11th October or before. How on earth your application went to payment stage even though it reached on 19th October????

I think some lazy case workers are trying clear the backlog by just sending bad quality payment declined receipt. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR THIS shi*** ukba. I wont be surprised!!!
I actually posted a correction in my post. I applied on 18/09 and not 18/10. The application was received next day on 19/09. But received acknowledgement today with payment decline info. Don't know what's going on

km25
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by km25 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi all,
Here's my time line for naturalisation application..
Date of application: 24/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of acknowledgement letter: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

I hope it gets processed soon..

will wait to hear from the previous applicants regarding their progress.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:14 pm

km25 wrote: I hope it gets processed soon..
That is bit too optimistic. You will be lucky if your payment gets debited before 8/11/13.

Good luck.

darthsolicitortobe
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Post by darthsolicitortobe » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 am

Hi All,

I am in the exact same boat as KM25:

Date of application: 24/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of acknowledgement letter: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

No point going crazy for nothing. Just sit back and wait.........

oakleigh841
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:16 pm

Post by oakleigh841 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:18 am

Eligibility criteria: 3 year HSMP + 2 Year Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Method of application: NCS Westminster
Date of application: 28/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 29/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement letter: 08/01/2014
Date of debit of fees: 08/01/2014
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Last edited by oakleigh841 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babyjake
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 11:12 am

Post by babyjake » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:26 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 Yrs + 1Yr ILR (Exercising Treaty rights)
Method of application: NCS (Hillingdon)
Date of application: 20th September 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24th September 2013
Date of debit of fees: 2nd October 2013
Date of acknowledgement: 4th October 2013
Date of of approval:27th October 2013
Date of receipt of approval:30th October 2013
Date of Ceremony: 6th of December 2013

abhijeetv
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by abhijeetv » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:58 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 years TIER 1 + 1 year ILR
Method of application: NCS Newbury
Date of application: 08/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement letter: 26/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: 28/10/2013
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

fingers crossed!!!

peach
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by peach » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Application type: Joint British Citizenship Application ( ILR + 8 years )
Method of Application: NCS Bucks
Date When Fees Was Deducted: Fee not deducted yet
Date of application:21/10/13
Date of Receipt of application:
Date of application acknowledged by IPS: Not acknowledged
Date of return of documents: Not received yet
Date of interview Letter: N/A
Date of passport interview appointment: N/A
date of passport received : N/A

Questions : How do I know the date of receipt of application ?

abbei
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by abbei » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:45 pm

i called HO to day @11am and i ask them about my application i have told that no Decision has been made yet and @1pm i reseved my aprovel date 13.10.13 date of application 10 april 2013

km25
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by km25 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:52 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
km25 wrote: I hope it gets processed soon..
That is bit too optimistic. You will be lucky if your payment gets debited before 8/11/13.

Good luck.
Thanks Ayyubi72...i did think it was unrealistic to get it processed within a month..but hoping it wont be much longer as christmas is approaching and it'll be holidays and everything will take longer that month..

km25
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Post by km25 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the original passports (proof of ILR) sent along with the application for naturalisation will be returned soon or will it only be returned along with the naturalisation certificate.

Cheers,

Dino99
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Dino99 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 am

Hi All,

Guess what, HO kept the promise to deliver the decision within 6 months for may case ;

Applied: 1 May 2013
Ack. & Payment: followed by 2 weeks

Approval receipt on: 30 Oct 2013 ( 1 day less 6 months )

Thanks to all for contributing.

rana12570
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by rana12570 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:37 am

km25 wrote:Hi all,
Does anyone know if the original passports (proof of ILR) sent along with the application for naturalisation will be returned soon or will it only be returned along with the naturalisation certificate.

Cheers,
No, Original documents including passports will be returned once the decision has been made, either in Approval or Refusal!

You should have applied via NCS (Nationality Checking Service) through you local council, if you wanted to keep your originals passports with you while your naturalisation application is in process with Home Office!!!

mowaid
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:19 am

Post by mowaid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:25 am

Eligibility criteria: HSMP 2 year + Tier 1 3year + ILR 1+ year
Method of application: Self recorded post
Date of application: 12/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of acknowledgement letter: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

I think HO is dealing with all the application received until 11/10/2013 the coming week they will process 14/10/2013 to 18/10/2013. So I hop mine fee will deducted in coming week.

thanks :D

mowaid
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:19 am

Post by mowaid » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:28 am

Dino99 wrote:Hi All,

Guess what, HO kept the promise to deliver the decision within 6 months for may case ;

Applied: 1 May 2013
Ack. & Payment: followed by 2 weeks

Approval receipt on: 30 Oct 2013 ( 1 day less 6 months )

Thanks to all for contributing.
what was your eligibility criteria ? 10year ? / BC / 5year + ILR?

Mudassir
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:29 am

Post by Mudassir » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:28 am

mowaid wrote:Eligibility criteria: HSMP 2 year + Tier 1 3year + ILR 1+ year
Method of application: Self recorded post
Date of application: 12/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of acknowledgement letter: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

I think HO is dealing with all the application received until 11/10/2013 the coming week they will process 14/10/2013 to 18/10/2013. So I hop mine fee will deducted in coming week.

thanks :D


Mine got to them on 10/10/2013 and I still haven't had any response....

rbhatia812
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 am

Post by rbhatia812 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am

Mudassir wrote:
mowaid wrote:Eligibility criteria: HSMP 2 year + Tier 1 3year + ILR 1+ year
Method of application: Self recorded post
Date of application: 12/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of acknowledgement letter: TBC
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

I think HO is dealing with all the application received until 11/10/2013 the coming week they will process 14/10/2013 to 18/10/2013. So I hop mine fee will deducted in coming week.

thanks :D
Finally had the fees debited today. My application got to the UKBA on the
10th October.


Mine got to them on 10/10/2013 and I still haven't had any response....

beebritish
Newbie
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Update

Post by beebritish » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm

beebritish wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5years treaty EEA(Hungarian)+1yearPR(with PR card) + non EEA family member
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 13/06/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/06/2013
Date of acknowledgement: 17/06/2013 received 19/07/2013
Date of debit of fees: 17/06/2013
Date of approval: 14/10/2013 received 16/10/2013
Date of Invitation letter for both applicants: 16/10/2013, arrived on 23/10/2013
Date of Ceremony: 30/10/2013


Good luck people, wish you all get responses soon.
Ceremony done and dusted, naturalisation certificates received, names spelled correctly wootwoot! - we are now officially British!! :) Good luck to everyone who's applying/waiting for a decision!

amit175
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Post by amit175 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Eligibility criteria: HSMP 2 year + Tier 1 3year + ILR 1+ year
Method of application: Self recorded post
Date of application: 12/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/10/2013
Date of debit of fees: 03/11/2013
Date of acknowledgement letter: 03/11/2013
Date of approval: 20/11/2013
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Last edited by amit175 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UKUKUKUK
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by UKUKUKUK » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Date of application: 09/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/10/13
Date of debit of fees: 29/10/13
Date of acknowledgement: 01/11/13 (dated 29/10/13)
Date of approval: TBC

faz28
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Post by faz28 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Eligibility criteria: 7 Years residency married to BC + ILR
Method of application: Royal Mail special delivery
Date of application: 22/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/10/13 (Royal Mail Tracking Confirmed)
Date of acknowledgement : TBC
Date of debit of fees: Finally drop in my balance. (Debit card)
Current nationality: Srilankan
Date of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC
Last edited by faz28 on Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

carpe diem
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:07 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Naturalization Time table

Post by carpe diem » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Application send through Council 15TH OF MAY 2013

APPLICATION RECEIVED: 16 TH OF MAY 2013

ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIVED: 23 OF MAY 2013

NATURALIZATION APPROVED : 24 OF OCT 2013

CEREMONY LETTER RECEIVED : 1 OF NOV 2013

CEREMONY BOOKED: 06 OF NOV 2013

THIS HAS BEEN LONG DELAY. BUT NEVER GIVE UP. WISH AND PRAY WHO ARE WAITING FOR NATURALIZATION WILL RECEIVE THEIR SOON. :D

HAPPYDAYSUK
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Naturalisation Timeline

Post by HAPPYDAYSUK » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:05 pm

HAPPYDAYSUK wrote:Postal Application
Application based on: 5 years EEA family member changing to Wife of British citizen....
Received my EEA4(ILR): 12 Jul 2013
Application for Naturalisation: 20 September 2013
Acknowledgement from UKBA: 12th of October dated 8th of October
Fees Debited: 8th October 2013
Date of Approval: 1 November 2013 (via email)
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Feeling anxious :)


Emailed home office this morning with almost an immediate response, "no decision has been made"
I received another email from same person at UKBA at 4.10pm asking when I submitted my application, I responded and within 5 min of sending the email, I received an email back saying my application was successful!!! Yaaaayyyy!!! :)

ultimate12570
Junior Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 3:48 pm
Location: Cadiff

Re: Naturalisation Timeline

Post by ultimate12570 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 am

HAPPYDAYSUK wrote:
HAPPYDAYSUK wrote:Postal Application
Application based on: 5 years EEA family member changing to Wife of British citizen....
Received my EEA4(ILR): 12 Jul 2013
Application for Naturalisation: 20 September 2013
Acknowledgement from UKBA: 12th of October dated 8th of October
Fees Debited: 8th October 2013
Date of Approval: 1 November 2013 (via email)
Date of Ceremony: TBC

Feeling anxious :)



Emailed home office this morning with almost an immediate response, "no decision has been made"
I received another email from same person at UKBA at 4.10pm asking when I submitted my application, I responded and within 5 min of sending the email, I received an email back saying my application was successful!!! Yaaaayyyy!!! :)



Congratulations!!!

Could you please give us the email address???

Post Reply
cron