ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

modabasi
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by modabasi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 pm

modabasi wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 (General) + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : Degree taught in English (diploma missing, submitted transcript + PBS calculator self-assessment instead)
Method of application: NCS Camden
Date of application: 7/2/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/2/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 14/2/2014 (Received 20/2/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 17/2/2014
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

Badman87
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Badman87 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I have a question for the senior members. I received my ILR three weeks ago and I have just been offered a job with a british company based in Leicester. The problem is I have to go to Germany for 3-6 months for training and I will apply for a visa no problems. My question is, will this time away from the UK have an effect on my naturalisation application? Do I have to stay in the UK continuously for 1 year on ILR before I apply for naturalisation even though i'm employed by a UK company that sent me abroad for training? Can I apply for naturalisation Feb2015? Please advise....

Ajanaku
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Ajanaku » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 pm

Badman87 wrote:I have a question for the senior members. I received my ILR three weeks ago and I have just been offered a job with a british company based in Leicester. The problem is I have to go to Germany for 3-6 months for training and I will apply for a visa no problems. My question is, will this time away from the UK have an effect on my naturalisation application? Do I have to stay in the UK continuously for 1 year on ILR before I apply for naturalisation even though i'm employed by a UK company that sent me abroad for training? Can I apply for naturalisation Feb2015? Please advise....


On what route were you granted ILR? if on spouse visa, and you have leaved this country for at least 3 years without breaking law, then just apply now through your council nationality checking service. Your original document will be checked, photocopied and return back to you. Then you can travel. If you get your ILR through other route, you will have to wait at least a year to qualify but might be refused on the ground that you have spent more than 90 days outside UK in the previous year before your citizenship application.

Ajanaku
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Ajanaku » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:58 pm

nzgrant wrote:Hello, Just call the phone number 08706067766 and they mentioned that a decision had been made on the 17/02/14 but could not tell me any more detail. Is this usual or do they let you know if you have been successful over the phone? I am worried this is bad news.
I think they normally say when it is successful

Badman87
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Badman87 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 am

I was a student for 10 years and got ILR on 1st feb 2014. Can't I apply feb2015?
Ajanaku wrote:
Badman87 wrote:I have a question for the senior members. I received my ILR three weeks ago and I have just been offered a job with a british company based in Leicester. The problem is I have to go to Germany for 3-6 months for training and I will apply for a visa no problems. My question is, will this time away from the UK have an effect on my naturalisation application? Do I have to stay in the UK continuously for 1 year on ILR before I apply for naturalisation even though i'm employed by a UK company that sent me abroad for training? Can I apply for naturalisation Feb2015? Please advise....


On what route were you granted ILR? if on spouse visa, and you have leaved this country for at least 3 years without breaking law, then just apply now through your council nationality checking service. Your original document will be checked, photocopied and return back to you. Then you can travel. If you get your ILR through other route, you will have to wait at least a year to qualify but might be refused on the ground that you have spent more than 90 days outside UK in the previous year before your citizenship application.

Ajanaku
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Ajanaku » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 am

Badman87 wrote:I was a student for 10 years and got ILR on 1st feb 2014. Can't I apply feb2015?
Ajanaku wrote:
Badman87 wrote:I have a question for the senior members. I received my ILR three weeks ago and I have just been offered a job with a british company based in Leicester. The problem is I have to go to Germany for 3-6 months for training and I will apply for a visa no problems. My question is, will this time away from the UK have an effect on my naturalisation application? Do I have to stay in the UK continuously for 1 year on ILR before I apply for naturalisation even though i'm employed by a UK company that sent me abroad for training? Can I apply for naturalisation Feb2015? Please advise....


On what route were you granted ILR? if on spouse visa, and you have leaved this country for at least 3 years without breaking law, then just apply now through your council nationality checking service. Your original document will be checked, photocopied and return back to you. Then you can travel. If you get your ILR through other route, you will have to wait at least a year to qualify but might be refused on the ground that you have spent more than 90 days outside UK in the previous year before your citizenship application.

At Feb 2015, for that fact that you have spent (more than 90 days in a year before application) outside the UK, will count against you.

kvg1922
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by kvg1922 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:36 am

[quote="kvg1922"]Eligibility criteria: Work Permit + Tier-1 + ILR (12months)
Method of application: NCS Oxford
Date of Application: 02/12/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/12/2013
Date of debit of fees: 16/01/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/01/2014
Date of receipt of approval: 15/02/2014 approval date 7/2/2014
Date of Ceremony: 1/4/2014

HEA
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by HEA » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:18 am

Hi all, I have been reading all your posts here since October 2013 !! And I feel so furious! I have applied on 24 Oct 2013, fees deducted 7th Jan. I understand that a lot of applications were submitted at the last week of October but seeing many applications from November and December getting their approvals !!
It let me feel so bad about how HO work on applications
What about us (October applicants) ?? :!: :!: :cry:

rikken
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by rikken » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:32 am

HEA wrote:Hi all, I have been reading all your posts here since October 2013 !! And I feel so furious! I have applied on 24 Oct 2013, fees deducted 7th Jan. I understand that a lot of applications were submitted at the last week of October but seeing many applications from November and December getting their approvals !!
It let me feel so bad about how HO work on applications
What about us (October applicants) ?? :!: :!: :cry:
Have you tried calling and asking for an update?

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by collipu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:58 am

Has anyone called today? again I got the same standard response.

teee2
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by teee2 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:16 am

teee2 wrote:Eligibility criteria: Work Permit + ILR
Method of application: NCS (Ealing-London)
Date Applied: 09/12/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/12/2013
Date of debit of fees: 18/01/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 21/01/2014
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony:Waiting
I cannot find the edit button, so I'll give a quick update here. I received a letter (dated 20th February) this morning from Ealing Council inviting me to the citizenship ceremony on Tuesday 25/02/2013. I am yet to receive the Home Office invitation. I have unsuccessfully tried to contact the council by phone. I have emailed them though. Hopefully the approval letter will come before Tuesday.

Update
The council has just replied my email confirming that I can attend the ceremony even without the approval letter. Here's my updated timeline.

Method of application: NCS (Ealing-London)
Date Applied: 09/12/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/12/2013
Date of debit of fees: 18/01/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 21/01/2014
Date of receipt of approval: Never Received. Letter of invitation from Ealing dated 20/02/2014
Date of Ceremony:25/02/2014
Last edited by teee2 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HEA
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:58 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by HEA » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 am

rikken wrote:
HEA wrote:Hi all, I have been reading all your posts here since October 2013 !! And I feel so furious! I have applied on 24 Oct 2013, fees deducted 7th Jan. I understand that a lot of applications were submitted at the last week of October but seeing many applications from November and December getting their approvals !!
It let me feel so bad about how HO work on applications
What about us (October applicants) ?? :!: :!: :cry:
Have you tried calling and asking for an update?
No I haven't call them at all as I know that they will say the same thing they said to all people here.. They also don't bother to check. they will say a random words!! I dont know really what to do except this waiting game..

collipu
Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by collipu » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:35 am

HEA wrote:
rikken wrote:
HEA wrote:]

Have you tried calling and asking for an update?
No I haven't call them at all as I know that they will say the same thing they said to all people here.. They also don't bother to check. they will say a random words!! I dont know really what to do except this waiting game..

Worth a try..?

safa_bb
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by safa_bb » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:15 am

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3 years spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS Harlow
Date of application: 06/01/2014
Date of debit of fees: 28/01/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 25/01/14
Date of receipt of approval: 21/02/14 dated 17/02/14
Date of Ceremony: 16/04/14 (earliest available: 19/03/14)

dnkumars
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by dnkumars » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:40 am

dnkumars wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Year ILR + 1 Year
Language criteria met (degree & 10 Points in English Language from UKBA Calculator)
Method of application: NCS Harrow
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of application: 17/12/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/12/2013 (Royal Mail tracking)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/01/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Received by post on 25/01/2014, dated 21/01/2014
Date approval received: Pending.
Date of ceremony: Pending.
UPDATE

I called HO at on 19-Feb-2014 and they told me that your application is processed. Waiting for approval Letter.
Thanks a lot for this forum. It is very helpful. Wish you all the Best and god luck!! :)

teemoney
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 pm

CERTFICATE DETAILS on Approval Letter

Post by teemoney » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

Hey Guys,

Congrats to all that has got their approval; but one question i would like to clarify. If you have gotten your approval letter, what is the format of the FULL NAME on your approval letter; is it

Full Name: FirstName MiddleName Surname

And if you have had your ceremony; was your name on the Certificate written as;

*Surname* FirstName SecondName

Cheers

TeeMoney

sameeer
Junior Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: CERTFICATE DETAILS on Approval Letter

Post by sameeer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:02 pm

teemoney wrote:Hey Guys,

Congrats to all that has got their approval; but one question i would like to clarify. If you have gotten your approval letter, what is the format of the FULL NAME on your approval letter; is it

Full Name: FirstName MiddleName Surname

And if you have had your ceremony; was your name on the Certificate written as;

*Surname* FirstName SecondName

Cheers

TeeMoney
This is timeline only ... for your specific query please start a separate thread of your own ....

teemoney
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: CERTFICATE DETAILS on Approval Letter

Post by teemoney » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:09 pm

sameeer wrote:
teemoney wrote:Hey Guys,

Congrats to all that has got their approval; but one question i would like to clarify. If you have gotten your approval letter, what is the format of the FULL NAME on your approval letter; is it

Full Name: FirstName MiddleName Surname

And if you have had your ceremony; was your name on the Certificate written as;

*Surname* FirstName SecondName

Cheers

TeeMoney
This is timeline only ... for your specific query please start a separate thread of your own ....
My Bad, i have re-posted now

aaradhya
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by aaradhya » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 yr HSMP + 3 yr tier 1 + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Bracknell
Date of application: 13/02/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: < awaited >
Date of debit of fees: 20/02/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: < awaited >
Date of receipt of approval: < awaited >
Date of Ceremony: < awaited >

rikken
Junior Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by rikken » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:29 pm

rikken wrote:Have you tried calling and asking for an update?
HEA wrote:No I haven't call them at all as I know that they will say the same thing they said to all people here.. They also don't bother to check. they will say a random words!! I dont know really what to do except this waiting game..
I called them yesterday about my application and I was told that a letter was posted out to me two days previous.

I then got the letter later that day.

So it seems like they didn't say random words? They actually gave me a correct update.

Zainy
Junior Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Zainy » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Zainy wrote:
Zainy wrote:Eligibility criteria: 10 years long residence + 22 months ILR
Method of application: NCS Manchester,13-02-2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14-02-2014
Date of debit of fees: 19/02/2014 (£874 was disappear yesterday from my account)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 21/02/14 ( dated 18/02/14)
Date of receipt of approval: pending
Date of Ceremony:pending

maxwins
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by maxwins » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Hi All,

One more addition to the good news,

Date of Application: 25/11/2013
Received by HO: 26/11/2013
Fees taken: 15/01/2014
Approval: Received on 15/02/2014 Dated 05/02/2014
Ceremony booked: 20/02/2014 (Now I am a proud British Citizen :D )
Applied for the 1st British passport: 20/02/2014

A Piece of Advice

Guys, when booking the ceremony, please check for all the options, Swear/Oath/affirmation. Because all of them have different appointment dates availability. Some of them are earlier than the other. In my case, the earliest appointment for swearing was available on 20th March whereas for the affirmation it was on 20th Feb- So I got the earliest one. 8)

This forum has really been helpful to retain my patients during the process. I wish luck to everyone who is still waiting

Now again awaiting for the Passport process....Hope it will end soon

Fred2141
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:00 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Fred2141 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Many congrats dnkumas. Did they actually tell you that the application was approved. They woudnt, and asked me to wait for the letter. Very nervous as my application was not straight with several CCJS.
dnkumars wrote:
dnkumars wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Year ILR + 1 Year
Language criteria met (degree & 10 Points in English Language from UKBA Calculator)
Method of application: NCS Harrow
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of application: 17/12/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/12/2013 (Royal Mail tracking)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/01/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Received by post on 25/01/2014, dated 21/01/2014
Date approval received: Pending.
Date of ceremony: Pending.
UPDATE

I called HO at on 19-Feb-2014 and they told me that your application is processed. Waiting for approval Letter.
Thanks a lot for this forum. It is very helpful. Wish you all the Best and god luck!! :)

sameeer
Junior Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by sameeer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:59 pm

rikken wrote:
rikken wrote:Have you tried calling and asking for an update?
HEA wrote:No I haven't call them at all as I know that they will say the same thing they said to all people here.. They also don't bother to check. they will say a random words!! I dont know really what to do except this waiting game..
I called them yesterday about my application and I was told that a letter was posted out to me two days previous.

I then got the letter later that day.

So it seems like they didn't say random words? They actually gave me a correct update.

Well you must be lucky enough to land on a sincere desk ... otherwise they are full of good for nothing useless ....

dnkumars
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by dnkumars » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi Fred,

Today, I called HO agin and they told me that your application status in 'Outstanding'. I don't know what's the problem with these guys. 2 days back, somebody from HO said that your application was processed. Now they are saying that sorry for the miscommunication your application is Outstanding. I am in confusion state. i don't know whether it is processed or Outstanding :-(

Fred2141 wrote:Many congrats dnkumas. Did they actually tell you that the application was approved. They woudnt, and asked me to wait for the letter. Very nervous as my application was not straight with several CCJS.
dnkumars wrote:
dnkumars wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Year ILR + 1 Year
Language criteria met (degree & 10 Points in English Language from UKBA Calculator)
Method of application: NCS Harrow
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of application: 17/12/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 18/12/2013 (Royal Mail tracking)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/01/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Received by post on 25/01/2014, dated 21/01/2014
Date approval received: Pending.
Date of ceremony: Pending.
UPDATE

I called HO at on 19-Feb-2014 and they told me that your application is processed. Waiting for approval Letter.
Thanks a lot for this forum. It is very helpful. Wish you all the Best and god luck!! :)

Post Reply
cron