ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

expresso12

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by expresso12 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Maliksahb wrote:

Any application received HO till 6 April 2015 will be treated under old rules. you are safe.
Yeh you will be treated under old rules. They must have deducted the old fee( plz confirm) every time you call them you will get a different answer. You can try :D if you want. I applied on 1st April and my application through NCS was received on 2nd April. They have deducted the old fee and no biometric letter has been issued to me as well. So relax and enjoy the unavoidable.

All, just an update on this - a friend did apply on the 2nd of April and has received a biometric enrolment letter.

expresso12: Did he submit to NCS on the 2nd April? If so, his application would have reached HO after the bank holiday and that would explain new rules+fees being applied on his case. If he submitted earlier than 2nd April, then his application would have got to them on the 2nd and thus would have had to pay £906. I've read here and on the guidance notes that for naturalisation the date of application is the date when the authorities receive the application.
FYI. They have charged me £906 and the acknowledgement letter clearly states that the fee has been paid in full. If any senior member of others with similar is reading this post, please let us all know what your thoughts are.
Submitted through NCS on 2nd of April on the old form and fee of £906. And just to confirm, application date is always the date when the application was sent, not received. This has always been the case.

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:34 pm

Update:

Eligibility criteria: 10yr + 1 year ILR
Method of application: NCS Newham
Nationality: Pakistani
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14th April 2015
Date of debit of fees: 7th May 2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: N/A
Date of receipt of Biometric enrolment letter: 14th May 2015 (letter dated 7th of May)
Biometric enroled: 19th of May
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
Date of Ceremony: Waiting

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:42 pm

expresso12 wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:

Any application received HO till 6 April 2015 will be treated under old rules. you are safe.
Yeh you will be treated under old rules. They must have deducted the old fee( plz confirm) every time you call them you will get a different answer. You can try :D if you want. I applied on 1st April and my application through NCS was received on 2nd April. They have deducted the old fee and no biometric letter has been issued to me as well. So relax and enjoy the unavoidable.

All, just an update on this - a friend did apply on the 2nd of April and has received a biometric enrolment letter.

expresso12: Did he submit to NCS on the 2nd April? If so, his application would have reached HO after the bank holiday and that would explain new rules+fees being applied on his case. If he submitted earlier than 2nd April, then his application would have got to them on the 2nd and thus would have had to pay £906. I've read here and on the guidance notes that for naturalisation the date of application is the date when the authorities receive the application.
FYI. They have charged me £906 and the acknowledgement letter clearly states that the fee has been paid in full. If any senior member of others with similar is reading this post, please let us all know what your thoughts are.
Submitted through NCS on 2nd of April on the old form and fee of £906. And just to confirm, application date is always the date when the application was sent, not received. This has always been the case.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf

See page 40 which explains the "date of application". As suggested it is the date of postage or if post mark missing then receipt date - 1 day.

nvijay

Post by nvijay » Wed May 20, 2015 2:52 pm

M2013 wrote:
nvijay wrote:Hi, I applied 14 jan (Myself and My son). Today I got a certificate of registration for my son, Dated 18th may on the letter (15 th may on the actual certificate) I wonder what happened to my application, any suggestions please? Shall i call HO or shall I call the council?
Hi, Nvijay.
you should call the HO first.
They sent my daughter's letter to the wrong address. We found it after the call and went to the neighbours to pick it up. It seems their computer automatically put the wrong house number. Than we call to the HO again, changed the address and only after a week we got the documents
Hi M2013,
I called HO, they are not ready to give any info, becaz of under six months rules, even though we both applied at the same time.

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Wed May 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Regarding biometric enrolment for applicants around 1st-2nd April:
I have just called HO. Thankfully came across a kind and helpful person on the other side. He advised me that the bio rule has been implemented on and after the 6th of April. So any application made before that will likely not receive it, however I was advices to keep an eye just in case they decide to get it for any reason. I was also told that your application checks are being made on the background anyway so irrespective of bio enrolment. I will update if anything changes in the mean time. Thank you all for the input.
Gryphon

gryphon

Post by gryphon » Wed May 20, 2015 3:21 pm

expresso12 wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf

See page 40 which explains the "date of application". As suggested it is the date of postage or if post mark missing then receipt date - 1 day.
Thank you for this. I beg to disagree, I don't think it applies to naturalisation. If you check the guide AN (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf)on page 21, it clearly states that "The date of application will be the date your form is received by the Home Office or the local British government representative as shown above." Again, please forgive me if I misinterpreted either of these guidance
Gryphon

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 pm

M2013 wrote:
nvijay wrote:Hi, I applied 14 jan (Myself and My son). Today I got a certificate of registration for my son, Dated 18th may on the letter (15 th may on the actual certificate) I wonder what happened to my application, any suggestions please? Shall i call HO or shall I call the council?
Hi, Nvijay.
They sent my daughter's letter to the wrong address. We found it after the call and went to the neighbours to pick it up. It seems their computer automatically put the wrong house number. Than we call to the HO again, changed the address and only after a week we got the documents
At least now we know that HO has touched January applications.

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Wed May 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi all seneior member,
CAN YOU PLS TELL ME WHEN MY WIFE CAN APPLY FOR NATURALISATION AS SHE HAS SPENT 12 MONTHS ILR AND I HAVE APPLIED FOR MY NATURALISATION AND ITS UNDER PROCESS . TODAY I WENT TO NCS FOR ENQUIRY FOR HER CITIZENSHIP AS THEY SAID UR WIFE HAS TO SPEND 5YEARS IN UK DOESN'T MATTER WHEATHER SHE GOT ILR 12 M BEFORE AND YOU ARE NOT CITIZEN IN UK HENCE SHE HAS TO SPEND 5 YEARS.

ALTHOUGH, SHE IS HERE MORE THAN 4 YEARS AND ONCE MY CITIZENSHIP APPROVED SHE WILL FALL UNDER 3 YEARS RULES.

CAN YOU PLS ADVISE ME , IF SHE SPENT 12 M WITH ILR CAN SHE APPLY NATURALISATION NOW? SHE GOT ILR BASED ON MY ILR.

nvijay

Post by nvijay » Wed May 20, 2015 7:37 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
M2013 wrote:
Hi, Nvijay.
Hi Imran,
I was wodering if we make AN1&MN1 both same time, will it be allocated to a different case workers or both of them are dealt by the same case worker? any suggestions pls?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:24 am

I applied 14 jan (Myself and My son). Today I got a certificate of registration for my son, Dated 18th may on the letter (15 th may on the actual certificate) I wonder what happened to my application, any suggestions please? Shall i call HO or shall I call the council?
Hi, Nvijay.
They sent my daughter's letter to the wrong address. We found it after the call and went to the neighbours to pick it up. It seems their computer automatically put the wrong house number. Than we call to the HO again, changed the address and only after a week we got the documents[/quote]

Hi Imran,
I was wodering if we make AN1&MN1 both same time, will it be allocated to a different case workers or both of them are dealt by the same case worker? any suggestions pls?[/quote][/quote]
It should be same case worker dealing with both applications if applied same time.

31march2015
Newly Registered

Post by 31march2015 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:42 am

HowILR wrote:Hi all seneior member,
CAN YOU PLS TELL ME WHEN MY WIFE CAN APPLY FOR NATURALISATION AS SHE HAS SPENT 12 MONTHS ILR AND I HAVE APPLIED FOR MY NATURALISATION AND ITS UNDER PROCESS . TODAY I WENT TO NCS FOR ENQUIRY FOR HER CITIZENSHIP AS THEY SAID UR WIFE HAS TO SPEND 5YEARS IN UK DOESN'T MATTER WHEATHER SHE GOT ILR 12 M BEFORE AND YOU ARE NOT CITIZEN IN UK HENCE SHE HAS TO SPEND 5 YEARS.

ALTHOUGH, SHE IS HERE MORE THAN 4 YEARS AND ONCE MY CITIZENSHIP APPROVED SHE WILL FALL UNDER 3 YEARS RULES.

CAN YOU PLS ADVISE ME , IF SHE SPENT 12 M WITH ILR CAN SHE APPLY NATURALISATION NOW? SHE GOT ILR BASED ON MY ILR.

Hi either you wait until you become British citizen to apply via 3 year root including atleast 1 year having ilr or let her spent a minimum 5 years in the country including atleast 1 year having ilr to apply via 5 year root.

31march2015
Newly Registered

Post by 31march2015 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:57 am

31march2015 wrote:

Hi either you wait until you become British citizen to apply via 3 year root including atleast 1 year having ilr or let her spent a minimum 5 years in the country including atleast 1 year having ilr to apply via 5 year root.

Oops route* not root. it was talk and type

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu May 21, 2015 9:14 am

31march2015 wrote:
31march2015 wrote:

What is your route of naturalization and when(date) did your wife join you on that route?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Applied 27/04/2015 through NCS, reached UKVI on 28/04/2015, Husband + Wife together, balanced dropped today i.e 21/05/2015.

avatib
Mood:
India

Post by avatib » Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + 1 Year ILR (Resident in UK 10+ years)
Language Criteria: Life in the UK + UK Degrees (Bachelor & Masters)
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 19/05/15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/05/2015
Date of debit of fees: TBC
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: TBC
Date of receipt of approval: TBC
Date of Ceremony: TBC

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Thu May 21, 2015 4:03 pm

]Hi all seneior member,

Hi either you wait until you become British citizen to apply via 3 year root including atleast 1 year having ilr or let her spent a minimum 5 years in the country including atleast 1 year having ilr to apply via 5 year root.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

What is your route of naturalization and when(date) did your wife join you on that route?
[/color]
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Thanks both of you for reply.

she came in uk june 2011under my tire1 dependant and she got ILR through MY ILR and my son also got British citizenship through my ilr. can she apply now as she spent 12m on ILR???? or what route do u think would be?

shabba_kaka

Post by shabba_kaka » Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Today, Anyone received brown envelop?

bulltaurus
Newly Registered

Post by bulltaurus » Thu May 21, 2015 7:05 pm

bulltaurus wrote:
bulltaurus wrote:Eligibility criteria:British Spouse 3yrs(1 yr ILR)
Language criteria :ESOL B1
Current nationality:PAKISTANI
Method of application:NCS
Council name if NCS used:BARKING AND DAGENHAM
Date of application:22/04/2015
Payment method:CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 21/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: 21/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Done:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:
Acknowledgement letter received. Biometric Invitation letter received on the same day as well. See highlighted above

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu May 21, 2015 7:14 pm

I applied 23 February 2015 ,
still waiting for approval

niceali1976
Newly Registered

Post by niceali1976 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Adam2015 wrote:Thanks expresso12 ,
Basically I applied under Surender case for which the PR or ILR are not mandatory, so I onluy have 5 year EEA family residency expiring soon. The emplyer want to see something writen from HO as a proof of right to work after the residency expires.

Have called many times and been told my appl is engoing..
not really sure what to do now. any idea?
============

Ask your employer to use Employer Checking Service. This is free service from Home Office for employers only. Request is made online and reply is given by Home Office within a week. They will confirm in positive or negative.

31march2015
Newly Registered

Post by 31march2015 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:46 pm

HowILR wrote:]Hi all seneior member,

[/quote][/quote]

[/color]
***********************************************************************************************************************************

she came in uk june 2011under my tire1 dependant and she got ILR through MY ILR and my son also got British citizenship through my ilr. can she apply now as she spent 12m on ILR???? or what route do u think would be?
[/quote]

NO as I said wait until she has spent 5 years in total or 3 years if you get your British citizenship. Can't do anything about it until then...

foufou

Post by foufou » Thu May 21, 2015 10:41 pm

today home office released the immigration statistics January to march 2015 ,but what can not understand there is no total number of the applications made in this period or how many still pending just the number of the decisions made ( granted and refused) , very tricky statistics :? :x

bekas07
Newly Registered

Post by bekas07 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:58 pm

31march2015 wrote:

Hi either you wait until you become British citizen to apply via 3 year root including atleast 1 year having ilr or let her spent a minimum 5
years in the country including atleast 1 year having ilr to apply via 5 year root.
[/quote]

[/color]

[/quote]

NO as I said wait until she has spent 5 years in total or 3 years if you get your British citizenship. Can't do anything about it until then...[/quote]

Hi, she can apply for naturalisation now as she came to the UK in 2011. Rules been changed in july 2012

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri May 22, 2015 10:16 am

bekas07 wrote:
31march2015 wrote:

Hi either you wait until you become British citizen to apply via 3 year root including atleast 1 year having ilr or let her spent a minimum 5
years in the country including atleast 1 year having ilr to apply via 5 year root.

[/color]

[/quote]

NO as I said wait until she has spent 5 years in total or 3 years if you get your British citizenship. Can't do anything about it until then...[/quote]

Hi, she can apply for naturalisation now as she came to the UK in 2011. Rules been changed in july 2012[/quote]

If you become British and your wife has moved to FLR (M) before 6 April 2014 then your dont have to wait for 5 years. you can apply under 3 years rules under 287(a)(i)(d).

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Fri May 22, 2015 10:32 am

foufou wrote:today home office released the immigration statistics January to march 2015 ,but what can not understand there is no total number of the applications made in this period or how many still pending just the number of the decisions made ( granted and refused) , very tricky statistics :? :x
Thanks for the info.
Could u plz post the link of that FOI request?
Thanks in anticipation.