ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

usman81
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by usman81 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:59 pm

Eligibility criteria:Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR (2 Applicants)
Language criteria : UK degree
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Enfield
Date of application:20/04/2015
Payment method: card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05/2015 (one transaction for both applicants)
Date of acknowledgment: 15/05/2015 (received 22/05/15, one letter addressed to both)
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: Received for my wife, dated 15/05/2015 (received 19/05/2015). I have not received mine yet.
Date of Biometrics Done: 20/05/2015 (one applicant)
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

Is not it strange that fees were deducted in one transaction for both of us, one acknowledgement letter addressed to both of us, however she received her biometrics week ago but i have not received mine! Or is this normal?
I am no one only GOD knows the best

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by anp » Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm

elbraddo wrote:How do people know the date their application was received by Home Office?

I applied with form AN @ NCS on 5th May.

It's now 26th May and no money hasn't been taken from my account, and I haven't received anything acknowledging receipt of my application.
Call your NCS and ask for tracking nr.

I applied 1 week after you. Same story. Fees still not deducted. Still early though. Be patient my friend.

It seems common though that right after they deduct the fees, they sent acknowledgement letter and biometric enrollment.
Be good.

ravib_10
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by ravib_10 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:12 am

Eligibility criteria:Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR (1 Applicant)
Language criteria : Copy of Point based calculator
Method of application: Post
Date of application:25/04/2015
Payment method: card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 19/05/2015
Date of acknowledgment: 19/05/2015 (received 20/05/15
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: Not received yet.
Date of Biometrics Done:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

Does anyone know, when will i receive my documents back?

Ahil786
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Ahil786 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:14 am

it has been 11 months im still waiting for my decision I got ilr on the basis of ilr I got British wife and British kids. I have no criminal records. I hv ielts and life in uk pass. and im still waiting. is anybody else waiting for long time?

kkb
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by kkb » Wed May 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi Ahil.
Did you send email to home office and also how did u get information such as your application has been sent to another department.
Its very frustrating to wait every single morning...

viki83
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by viki83 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Number of applicants : 2 Adults (Husband + Wife)
Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR
Language criteria met : Degree + B1 (PET)
Current nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 27/04/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : 28/04/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/15
Date of acknowledgment: 27/05/15
Date of Biometric invitation: 27/05/15
Date of Biometrics: Pending
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending

usman81
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by usman81 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 pm

viki83 wrote:Number of applicants : 2 Adults (Husband + Wife)
Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR
Language criteria met : Degree + B1 (PET)
Current nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 27/04/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : 28/04/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/15
Date of acknowledgment: 27/05/15
Date of Biometric invitation: 27/05/15
Date of Biometrics: Pending
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending
Viki - did you receive biometrics letter for both applicants in separate letters? and if with same reference number or different?
thank you
I am no one only GOD knows the best

Lima254
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Lima254 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Just asking if this wait is normal? Also there was nothing mentioned about Biometrics during application and in the guides. Is this a new thing? Getting worried here!

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR (Actually over 25 yrs in UK on ILR)
Language criteria met : B1 + LIUK test
Current nationality: Kenyan
Method of application: NCS Wood Green London
Date of application: 19/02/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : Not sure
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/03/15
Date of acknowledgment: 06/03/15
Date of Biometric invitation: I don't know what this means ( it wasn't on form AN and wasn't asked at NCS???)
Date of Biometrics: ??????
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending

ironmaiden
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by ironmaiden » Wed May 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Lima254 wrote:Just asking if this wait is normal? Also there was nothing mentioned about Biometrics during application and in the guides. Is this a new thing? Getting worried here!

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR (Actually over 25 yrs in UK on ILR)
Language criteria met : B1 + LIUK test
Current nationality: Kenyan
Method of application: NCS Wood Green London
Date of application: 19/02/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : Not sure
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 02/03/15
Date of acknowledgment: 06/03/15
Date of Biometric invitation: I don't know what this means ( it wasn't on form AN and wasn't asked at NCS???)
Date of Biometrics: ??????
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending
You won't get any letter for biometrics as you have sent your application in February. It's for applicants who applied from April onwards.

Lima254
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Lima254 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:56 pm

You won't get any letter for biometrics as you have sent your application in February. It's for applicants who applied from April onwards

How about the waiting time? Is it normal? I thought with the long duration of stay it will be pretty straight forward, no?

ironmaiden
Junior Member
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by ironmaiden » Wed May 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Lima254 wrote:
You won't get any letter for biometrics as you have sent your application in February. It's for applicants who applied from April onwards

How about the waiting time? Is it normal? I thought with the long duration of stay it will be pretty straight forward, no?
Well most of us think that our applications are straightforward but it doesn't really depend on that. Some are lucky and getting their approvals within 1-2 months and some are not that lucky and have to wait for months. Nobody actually can give you an answer about it. Only thing we can do is sit back and wait :) Hope you get your approval soon

Lima254
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by Lima254 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:37 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
Lima254 wrote:
You won't get any letter for biometrics as you have sent your application in February. It's for applicants who applied from April onwards

How about the waiting time? Is it normal? I thought with the long duration of stay it will be pretty straight forward, no?
Well most of us think that our applications are straightforward but it doesn't really depend on that. Some are lucky and getting their approvals within 1-2 months and some are not that lucky and have to wait for months. Nobody actually can give you an answer about it. Only thing we can do is sit back and wait :) Hope you get your approval soon

Thanks mate. Hope so too! All the best in yours as well. cheers :)

jabsbini
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by jabsbini » Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 pm

usman81 wrote:Eligibility criteria:Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR (2 Applicants)
Language criteria : UK degree
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Enfield
Date of application:20/04/2015
Payment method: card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05/2015 (one transaction for both applicants)
Date of acknowledgment: 15/05/2015 (received 22/05/15, one letter addressed to both)
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: Received for my wife, dated 15/05/2015 (received 19/05/2015). I have not received mine yet.
Date of Biometrics Done: 20/05/2015 (one applicant)
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

Is not it strange that fees were deducted in one transaction for both of us, one acknowledgement letter addressed to both of us, however she received her biometrics week ago but i have not received mine! Or is this normal?
Hi,

I applied on 14/04/2015 and got my acknowledgement dated 8th May but never received a biometric request letter. Called them and they told me I will not be required to submit biometrics as I submitted my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) with the application and they have my biometric record in their system. Hence I will not be given a biometric letter. I got my BRP in Sept 2014 as approval of my ILR.

usman81
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by usman81 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:52 pm

jabsbini wrote:
usman81 wrote:Eligibility criteria:Tier 1 G + 1 yr ILR (2 Applicants)
Language criteria : UK degree
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Enfield
Date of application:20/04/2015
Payment method: card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21/04/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/05/2015 (one transaction for both applicants)
Date of acknowledgment: 15/05/2015 (received 22/05/15, one letter addressed to both)
Date of Biometrics Letter Received: Received for my wife, dated 15/05/2015 (received 19/05/2015). I have not received mine yet.
Date of Biometrics Done: 20/05/2015 (one applicant)
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

Is not it strange that fees were deducted in one transaction for both of us, one acknowledgement letter addressed to both of us, however she received her biometrics week ago but i have not received mine! Or is this normal?
Hi,

I applied on 14/04/2015 and got my acknowledgement dated 8th May but never received a biometric request letter. Called them and they told me I will not be required to submit biometrics as I submitted my Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) with the application and they have my biometric record in their system. Hence I will not be given a biometric letter. I got my BRP in Sept 2014 as approval of my ILR.
i called them couple of times but was told that no information could be given in relation to biometric letter. Please advise how did you get them to give you that information and what option you choose when called. thanks
I am no one only GOD knows the best

nvijay
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:21 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by nvijay » Wed May 27, 2015 6:51 pm

Havn't seen any approvals for Jan in this week, Pls update guys!, fingers crossed! pray for us! last week only three !!

shabba_kaka
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:38 am
Location: London

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by shabba_kaka » Wed May 27, 2015 7:03 pm

I was assuming high approval of pending applications from Dec-Jan this week but it look like home office shut there offices and gone for long holidays. Home office can not understand the emotions and feeling of applicants. There is no criteria to asses applications in home office. Luckiest people get approvals quicker.

anp
Member
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 am

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by anp » Thu May 28, 2015 2:40 am

I think it also has to do with how "simple" your case is...providing that the information you have given is accurate and doesn't contradict the official records. Even the slightest most irrelevant mismatch can cause unnecessary delays.
Be good.

viki83
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:35 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by viki83 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:09 am

usman81 wrote:
viki83 wrote:Number of applicants : 2 Adults (Husband + Wife)
Eligibility criteria: 5 years + ILR
Language criteria met : Degree + B1 (PET)
Current nationality: Pakistan
Method of application: NCS Manchester
Date of application: 27/04/15
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA : 28/04/15
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 21/05/15
Date of acknowledgment: 27/05/15
Date of Biometric invitation: 27/05/15
Date of Biometrics: Pending
Date approval received: Pending
Date of ceremony: Pending
Viki - did you receive biometrics letter for both applicants in separate letters? and if with same reference number or different?
thank you
Biometric letter in separate envelopes with different references and barcode....but one acknowledgement letter for both of us.

fjimmy007
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by fjimmy007 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 am

elbraddo wrote:How do people know the date their application was received by Home Office?

I applied with form AN @ NCS on 5th May.

It's now 26th May and no money hasn't been taken from my account, and I haven't received anything acknowledging receipt of my application.
Hi , Same thing happening to my wife application , she applied through NCS on 5th of May , no money were taken out yet , strange feeling too, but Dx showed that application received but still no acknowledgement letter yet . I don't know what to do as I tried to call yesterday Homeoffice Liverpool but on phone no information were provided .

usman81
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by usman81 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:42 am

fjimmy007 wrote:
elbraddo wrote:How do people know the date their application was received by Home Office?

I applied with form AN @ NCS on 5th May.

It's now 26th May and no money hasn't been taken from my account, and I haven't received anything acknowledging receipt of my application.
Hi , Same thing happening to my wife application , she applied through NCS on 5th of May , no money were taken out yet , strange feeling too, but Dx showed that application received but still no acknowledgement letter yet . I don't know what to do as I tried to call yesterday Homeoffice Liverpool but on phone no information were provided .
read the timeline on previous pages. those who applied sort of mid april had their fees deducted around 4 weeks from date of application. That's about the time when acknowledgement letter were posted as well.
I am no one only GOD knows the best

Post Reply
cron