ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Psych02
Newly Registered
Somalia

Naturalisation Application

Post by Psych02 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:32 am

Hello,
I wanna start of by saying this forum has helped me so much with my application.

So I have sent off my naturalisation application via post ( i know the online method would’ve been quicker & easier but my solicitor suggested the form would be better).
A quick backstory, my mother was granted ILR in 2003 approximately 1 year after i was born, so in my application my solicitor said i only needed to submit 2 p60s and the unconditional offer from my current university as i only turned 18 two years ago, he said that would be enough proof along with my BRP and travel document but they have both just expired a couple of days ago, he said this would be fine, my question is would those documents be enough to prove my permanent residency in the UK and would application still be considered even though the Travel document and BRP are expired? Also back in 2018 i went to Norway and i have a entry stamp and i then travelled to Finland by ferry and have a exit stamp on my travel document but no entry stamp, and i have another entry stamp from Denmark as a transit but no exit stamp should i send off a cover letter detailing this even though my solicitor said theirs no need to?
Sorry but i’m really anxious about this as i cannot risk this application being refused as i’ve lived in the UK all my life and i’m paying £1,330 of my well earned money.

A prompt response would be appreciated as my anxiety has been through the roof for the past couple of months. Thanks for reading this

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation Application

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:14 am

Psych02 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:32 am
Hello,
I wanna start of by saying this forum has helped me so much with my application.

So I have sent off my naturalisation application via post ( i know the online method would’ve been quicker & easier but my solicitor suggested the form would be better).
A quick backstory, my mother was granted ILR in 2003 approximately 1 year after i was born, so in my application my solicitor said i only needed to submit 2 p60s and the unconditional offer from my current university as i only turned 18 two years ago, he said that would be enough proof along with my BRP and travel document but they have both just expired a couple of days ago, he said this would be fine, my question is would those documents be enough to prove my permanent residency in the UK and would application still be considered even though the Travel document and BRP are expired? Also back in 2018 i went to Norway and i have a entry stamp and i then travelled to Finland by ferry and have a exit stamp on my travel document but no entry stamp, and i have another entry stamp from Denmark as a transit but no exit stamp should i send off a cover letter detailing this even though my solicitor said theirs no need to?
Sorry but i’m really anxious about this as i cannot risk this application being refused as i’ve lived in the UK all my life and i’m paying £1,330 of my well earned money.

A prompt response would be appreciated as my anxiety has been through the roof for the past couple of months. Thanks for reading this
Stop hijacking other people's thread or latch on to old threads, create yours.

Psych02
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Psych02 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:18 am

What do you mean? I only replied to him as this is my first time posting on here and i did not know how to make my own post without replying to someone else’s. My question is still valid.

Psych02
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by Psych02 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you