ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application using IDV App

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassanemam
Egypt

Re: Naturalisation Application using IDV App

Post by hassanemam » Fri May 27, 2022 8:36 am

Best thing to do is to ask UKVCAS and you can reach out to them via Twitter

Brian O'blivion
Newly Registered

Post by Brian O'blivion » Mon May 30, 2022 1:55 pm

In case this helps anyone else:

I had a similar issue. I recently received my ILR and then applied for naturalisation (spouse of UK citizen). I had an email saying I could submit documents and biometrics via the IDV app which I did.

I then received an email saying I hadn't booked a biometrics appointment within 45 days, and needed to do so or my application may be rejected. Following advice from this thread, I contacted UKVCAS via twitter who told me I didn't need to attend an appointment with them, and that UKVI would contact them if they needed further evidence, but that they hadn't done so, and I should contact UKVI directly if I wanted further information.

I called UKVI and they gave me an email address to write to; "NationalityBiometrics@homeoffice.gov.uk" and said they would get back within 14 days. In fact they replied to me the same day, saying this was a mistake and to disregard the reminder letter, and that my biometrics would indeed be used via the IDV app.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Mon May 30, 2022 3:53 pm

Thanks Brian,

That's quite reassuring and definitely useful. May I ask if you have received a decision on your application?

cortezabc
Newly Registered
India

Post by cortezabc » Tue May 31, 2022 3:40 pm

I'm facing the same issue. Received an email from Home Office Atlas to book biometrics appointment for my son. Me myself and my son applied for naturalisation together and we got the biometrics done through IDV app. Not sure if we should spend more money for paid biometrics or not. What did the others do in this situation?

Thanks

Brian O'blivion
Newly Registered

Post by Brian O'blivion » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:15 pm

hassanemam wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:53 pm
Thanks Brian,

That's quite reassuring and definitely useful. May I ask if you have received a decision on your application?
Sorry, only just saw this - No, not yet. I only applied in April so I'm not expecting to hear for quite some time.

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:29 am

hassanemam wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:25 pm
cutdcrap wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:16 pm
hassanemam wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:10 am
I have applied on the 15th March and submitted biometrics on the 23rd March and did not hear anything back yet. Not sure if anyone facing the same issue received an update or approval.
Hello, we applied the same time and we did’t book any appointment because of IDV. Did you get any update from HO?

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:45 am

I have contacted my MP and asked him to ask a question about the IDV App and he promised he will get in touch with HO

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:23 am

hassanemam wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:45 am
I have contacted my MP and asked him to ask a question about the IDV App and he promised he will get in touch with HO
This is good, could you please keep us updated about their reply? Thank you

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 pm

Sure I will

I have been told that it takes up to 3 weeks for the HO to respond to the MP.

I will definitely keep you all informed

Arevik
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Arevik » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:51 am

Thank you, have you received any update from HO? I saw a lot of people who applied after us have already received their decision.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:40 pm

The only response I received was telling me that my enquiry has been forwarded to the relevant department. I am afraid that we have been put on the bench as the case workers will see our applications as incomplete application. I am hoping the MP question will be considered.

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by DocMalik_12 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:09 pm

hassanemam wrote:
Hi. Did your MP get any response from the HO so far regarding this issue?

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:41 am

DocMalik_12 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:09 pm
hassanemam wrote:
Hi. Did your MP get any response from the HO so far regarding this issue?
Yes he did get a response saying the email is sent by mistake as there is an issue of integration with the IDV app that they have resolved.

arunabirthi
Newly Registered

Post by arunabirthi » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Has anyone got naturalisation after receiving the email for missing biometrics ? I haven't gotten any reply and we applied in May. Has anyone been asked to book biometrics later on ? Can you please advise.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:06 am

arunabirthi wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:54 pm
Has anyone got naturalisation after receiving the email for missing biometrics ? I haven't gotten any reply and we applied in May. Has anyone been asked to book biometrics later on ? Can you please advise.
I have not get a decision, however, I have received an email confirming that UKVI has received the biometrics.

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by DocMalik_12 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 pm

hassanemam wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:06 am
arunabirthi wrote:
I have not get a decision, however, I have received an email confirming that UKVI has received the biometrics.
Can you please share if you have received this email recently? Did this email come from UKVI or UKVCAS (when you submitted the Biometrics)?

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:04 pm

Yes, I received the email last week and it was a response to an email I sent them in April to UKVI biometrics and not UKVCAS.

I submitted my Biometrics using IDV App on the 23rd of March

arunabirthi
Newly Registered

Post by arunabirthi » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:54 pm

DocMalik_12 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:13 pm
hassanemam wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:06 am
arunabirthi wrote:
Can you please share if you have received this email recently? Did this email come from UKVI or UKVCAS (when you submitted the Biometrics)?
Yes , It was recently on the 15th of July. It was from UKVCAS. I was told that it was an automated email and was asked to ignore it until I hear from UKVI. But haven't heard anything from UKVI yet , It's almost been 3 months now.

cortezabc
Newly Registered
India

Post by cortezabc » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:58 pm

cortezabc wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:40 pm
I'm facing the same issue. Received an email from Home Office Atlas to book biometrics appointment for my son. Me myself and my son applied for naturalisation together and we got the biometrics done through IDV app. Not sure if we should spend more money for paid biometrics or not. What did the others do in this situation?

Thanks
Update on the above issue. I messaged UKVCAS in twitter and they replied they have submitted my son's biometrics and there is nothing to be done from their end. I essentially ignored the Home Office Atlas email and now after couple of months got the naturalisation certificate for all of us including my son. I guess it is just an administrative error on the side of Home Office.

DocMalik_12
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by DocMalik_12 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:56 pm

I have also received the Naturalisation certificate last week. The documents were submitted using IDV app on 29th March 2022 and after getting the email from HO regarding biometrics we had attended the UKVCAS appointment as well on 1st June.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:28 am

Congratulations; hopefully it is a positive indication for the rest waiting and thanks for the update

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:01 am

Anybody else received their decision?
As I am also facing the same problem for my spouse and 2 minors. Applied in May, submitted bios through IDV in June. Got email for missing bios for two minors. Replied back to them at atlasnotifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk through same email about the situation.
Then sent an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk about the progress and they replied the application is under normal process and time such applications take are 6 months.
Contacted UKVCAS through twitter DM and they replied,” I can confirm that your application was successfully submitted to UKVI using the IDV app. UKVI will be in contact in due course with the decision on your application or if they require any further information from you. If UKVI believe further evidence is required they will contact UKVCAS and request that the customer makes an appointment. We cannot see that UKVI have contacted us regarding any requests advising that they have not received your biometrics. We recommend contacting UKVI directly to discuss this email with them. You can contact UKVI here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk.”

So far no decision received.

hassanemam
Egypt

Post by hassanemam » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:28 am

Unfortunately, I did not receive a decision yet. I have applied in March and my 6 months are coming to an end soon.

Waseem7
Newly Registered

Post by Waseem7 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:34 pm

Hi - Any update on your application. I am in similar position.

Waseem7
Newly Registered

Post by Waseem7 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:35 pm

hassanemam wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:28 am
Unfortunately, I did not receive a decision yet. I have applied in March and my 6 months are coming to an end soon.
Hi - any update on your application?