ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Cert/Passport Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MaidaValeNewbie

Naturalisation Cert/Passport Question

Post by MaidaValeNewbie » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Hi

I was born in the US and have just become a British citizen.

My British naturalisation certificate only lists the state and country of my birth, rather than the town, state and country. Is this a problem? Do I need to have the town listed as well? And will this effect my British passport application?

I've spoken to other Americans who have become British citizens who have each of the town, state and country listed on their naturalisation certificates (and on their British passports).

I'm not sure if the way I have it is just different or if it's wrong!

Thanks!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation Cert/Passport Question

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:44 am

MaidaValeNewbie wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:34 pm
Hi

I was born in the US and have just become a British citizen.

My British naturalisation certificate only lists the state and country of my birth, rather than the town, state and country. Is this a problem? Do I need to have the town listed as well? And will this effect my British passport application?

I've spoken to other Americans who have become British citizens who have each of the town, state and country listed on their naturalisation certificates (and on their British passports).

I'm not sure if the way I have it is just different or if it's wrong!

Thanks!
You're fine. State and Country is fine. Your British passport would only have one thing as place of birth and the state is easily recognisable.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!