ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation of child born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skymoon2015
Newly Registered

Naturalisation of child born outside UK

Post by skymoon2015 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:45 am

Hi

The scenario is as below:
None of me/my wife held ILR or Citizenship at the time of the birth of our daughter (born outside uk).

I have just got british citizenship (tier 2 migrant, then ILR granted and now citizenship). my wife and daughter who were on tier 2 dependent, have also got ILR now.

I am now thinking of applying for naturalisation for my wife under spouse of british citizen root (through online application), but am not sure what route i need to take for my daughter’s application.

can anyone guide?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation of child born outside UK

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Use MN1 form for application for your child's application if child is under 18yrs.

skymoon2015
Newly Registered

Post by skymoon2015 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:31 am

child is under 18, but i did not think she could fit into any sections in MN1. could you advise?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 20, 2018 7:14 am

MN1 is correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.