ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation querry for wife and my tax

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

valsad
India

Naturalisation querry for wife and my tax

Post by valsad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:20 am

Hi,

I am on WP with 5years + 1 year ILR.

Me, my wife and my son (born in UK before getting ILR) are going to apply for BC by end of Feb. My querries are

1> My wife has stopped working since 2007 after having son, so in her AN form what details should be written regarding to employment, employer's address and tax office reference. Do we need to mention her last tax offfice reference from 2007????

2> I have always been a full time employee and paid income tax by PAYE. I also have 2nd job working on seasonal basis in supermarket and pay tax by PAYE which I am going to resign this week. Tax office reference for both jobs are different ie. one is in Midlands and other in Yorkshire. In 2006/07, my tax code for 2nd job was all over place (not my own fault) and I paid less tax for 2nd job, so in sept'07, I wrote to HMRC and sorted out my underpaid tax by reducing my tax code for next financial year. But by the time I got my tax code changed to 'BR' for 2nd job, being on lower tax code, I underpaid tax for 2nd job again in 2007/08 which I never got around to get it sorted. Tax for 2008/09 and 2009/10 for 2nd job are in order and tax for my main full time job has always been in order.

My worry is, does HO contact HMRC in case of PAYE employee to enquire to check whether tax payments are in order...I am only going to mention my main job's details in form AN.
Are there any case workers guide available on to find out in which scenario HO contacts HMRC to clearify tax issues.

Thankfully, I have no convictions or speeding fines so far.

It would be of great help if someone can help me out.

Thanks

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 pm

anybody with some answers please.

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation querry for wife and my tax

Post by republique » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 pm

valsad wrote:Hi,

I am on WP with 5years + 1 year ILR.

Me, my wife and my son (born in UK before getting ILR) are going to apply for BC by end of Feb. My querries are

1> My wife has stopped working since 2007 after having son, so in her AN form what details should be written regarding to employment, employer's address and tax office reference. Do we need to mention her last tax offfice reference from 2007????

2> I have always been a full time employee and paid income tax by PAYE. I also have 2nd job working on seasonal basis in supermarket and pay tax by PAYE which I am going to resign this week. Tax office reference for both jobs are different ie. one is in Midlands and other in Yorkshire. In 2006/07, my tax code for 2nd job was all over place (not my own fault) and I paid less tax for 2nd job, so in sept'07, I wrote to HMRC and sorted out my underpaid tax by reducing my tax code for next financial year. But by the time I got my tax code changed to 'BR' for 2nd job, being on lower tax code, I underpaid tax for 2nd job again in 2007/08 which I never got around to get it sorted. Tax for 2008/09 and 2009/10 for 2nd job are in order and tax for my main full time job has always been in order.

My worry is, does HO contact HMRC in case of PAYE employee to enquire to check whether tax payments are in order...I am only going to mention my main job's details in form AN.
Are there any case workers guide available on to find out in which scenario HO contacts HMRC to clearify tax issues.

Thankfully, I have no convictions or speeding fines so far.

It would be of great help if someone can help me out.

Thanks
I dont see your problem
You mention all jobs not the just the primary one. If you paid your taxes, there is no problem