ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desiceltic
Newly Registered

Naturalisation query

Post by desiceltic » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Hello all,

Im in a confusing situation over my Naturalisation application , i came to the UK in Oct 2002 as a Student and got my HSMP in Nov. 2005, subsequently i applied for my ILR in 2009 ( under JR) and got ILR on 13th Oct 2009, now i want apply for my Naturalisation and i am bit confused here, does my 5 years start from my Landing in the UK or the day i was given HSMP. also in my passport ILR stamp is dated for November 09 but i have a letter from HO stating that i am deemed to be on ILR since Oct 13th.

the question is can i apply for naturalisation from 13th Oct or i have to wait until November.

any answers will be much appreciated
[/b]

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:26 am

The start of the five years qualifying period is calculated backwards, from when the UKBA receives your application.

Your ILR started when it was deemed to start.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix

Re: Naturalisation query

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 am

desiceltic wrote:the question is can i apply for naturalisation from 13th Oct or i have to wait until November.
13th Oct. onwards.

regards