ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query- Travel Plan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prss_vel83
India

Naturalisation Query- Travel Plan

Post by prss_vel83 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 am

Dear All,

I applied for my naturalisation and below are the details. I would like to travel to India in December can you help me with the below queries, please? I want to book my flights based on your suggestion, please?

Date of application: 20/07/2021
Date Biometrics enrolled: 11/08/2021

1) Am I allowed to travel outside UK till receiving an approval letter or attending the ceremony?
2) After I receive my invitation letter, Do I need to call the council and book the ceremony date?
3) Within how many days do I need to call a council to book the ceremony?
4) The ceremony date should be within how many days from the invitation letter? For an example, if I receive my invitation letter on 30- sep-2021 then I would like to book my ceremony for 30-March-2022 so that I can travel to India and return back to attend the ceremony without losing my BRP card.

Thanks for all your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation Query- Travel Plan

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:17 am

1. You are free to travel. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony. Until then you are simply an ILR holder.

2. Yes.

3. The letter of approval or invite will tell you. But there is a time limit, it used to be within 21 days.

4. I believe within 6 months unless it has gone back to within 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prss_vel83
India

Re: Naturalisation Query- Travel Plan

Post by prss_vel83 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:09 am

Thanka a lot for superfast response.