ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snow

naturalisation

Post by snow » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi

All , I want to know how long the ceremony takes , as they said on my invitation letter it will finish by 3:15 , and if you arrive after 2:00 then you will not be accepted etc ..... so it will finish within 1 hour , can we go after taking certificate or we need to stay until 3:15. I am asking all this becoz having 1 month old baby , any response appreciated.

Many Thanks

Spartac

Re: naturalisation

Post by Spartac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:53 am

[quote="snow"]Hi

All , I want to know how long the ceremony takes , as they said on my invitation letter it will finish by 3:15 , and if you arrive after 2:00 then you will not be accepted etc ..... so it will finish within 1 hour , can we go after taking certificate or we need to stay until 3:15. I am asking all this becoz having 1 month old baby , any response appreciated.

Many Thanks[/quote]

Hi snow,

You could consider a private ceremony. I have been advised by the NCS I used that it would take about half an hour (though I can't confirm that from experience), so might be easier for you.

Regards - Spartac

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:40 pm

You could consider a private ceremony
Beware, You have to pay a fee if it is private and it is free if its together other applicants.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:18 pm

eliasuk4u wrote:
Beware, You have to pay a fee if it is private and it is free if its together other applicants.

how much is a fee for private?
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 am

[quote="Dr Logic"][quote="eliasuk4u"][quote]You could consider a private ceremony[/quote]

Beware, You have to pay a fee if it is private and it is free if its together other applicants.[/quote]

how much is a fee for private?[/quote]

Hi Dr Logic,

Fee varies council to council. Some have it declared on their website. Might be worth checking the one relevant to you. Luton for example charges 75 per applicant and 100 per couple.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Spartac wrote:
Dr Logic wrote:
eliasuk4u wrote:

how much is a fee for private?
Hi Dr Logic,

Fee varies council to council. Some have it declared on their website. Might be worth checking the one relevant to you. Luton for example charges 75 per applicant and 100 per couple.
Many thanks 'Spartac'
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....