ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - Passport expiration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mazwaz
Newly Registered
Senegal

Naturalization - Passport expiration

Post by mazwaz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 am

Hi all,

My wife and I are planning to apply for the british naturalization in October through ILR (Tier 2 visa) + 1 year.
I have a few questions:
- Do you keep your original documents when you have applied, especially your passport and BRP, so we can travel while the application is processed?
- My wife current passport will expire in December 2020 and we plan to apply in October/ Early Nov is it a problem?

thanks
Mazen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization - Passport expiration

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:42 am

- Do you keep your original documents when you have applied, especially your passport and BRP, so we can travel while the application is processed?
Same as when you applied for ILR, NO originals are sent to UKVI. You upload on UKCVAS porta.
- My wife current passport will expire in December 2020 and we plan to apply in October/ Early Nov is it a problem?
No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.