ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Partha
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Naturalization

Post by Partha » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Honorable users and experts.
I'm new here and looking for your kind advice.
I did submit online naturalization application on the 30th august and next day I had appointment with Sopra. On the 18th of september which is after 3 weeks, I received a letter from Home office asking to send my All passports including old and new within 10 days which I did.

Here very important thing to mention that the guy who did scan all my document did not scan my old passport. Now I understand this is why home office asked me to provide my all passports. In the letter is clearly mentioned that they will return my passport as early as possible.

Now it's been almost 3 weeks and have not hard anything from them. Wondering if you know how long approximately they take time to return passport back. And I have a plan to travel on this december. So I may have to ask them to return my passport. If I ask them to return my passport will it have a bad impact on my naturalization.
I do appreciate for your time.
Thank you very much

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Naturalization

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Hello

Nobody can tell how long it would take.

You can see the naturalization timeline thread and try to do some guesswork but each case if different. Even if you see how long the last 100 case took, it doesn't tell you anything about yours.

You can request your passport if you need it. This won't have any effect on your application. The HO often request original IDs for applications but they understand that people need them back at one point. So it won't be held against you if you as the return of your original passport.

https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

Partha
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Partha » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:30 pm

Thank you very much.

Partha
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Partha » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Partha wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:30 pm
Thank you very much.

Hello just to let you know that I got back my passport in a month and received approval letter yesterday. Thank you very much.