ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Soontobe
Newly Registered

NCS appointment

Post by Soontobe » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Thanks to all the forum members who contribute, the information provided has been valuable. I made an appointment for NCS and the man on the phone highlighted to me that I have to be in the country 5 days after the application is submitted. Is this true?
Thanks

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Ask to speak to a woman and see if you get a different answer.

John

Post by John » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:05 pm

It is necessary to be physically in the UK when your application is received at UKBA in Liverpool? But 5 days?

When you go for the NCS appointment, ask when they will be posting the application to Liverpool, and given that they will be using Special Delivery, ask them for the tracking number. That way you can check online when the envelope is received in Liverpool.
John

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes, they told me the same when I had my NCS appointment recently.
Must to be to cover the possibility that the application could take upto 5 days to reach UKBA.

Soontobe
Newly Registered

Post by Soontobe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks for the info. I did call back and was told that one must be in the country when the application is recieved and the 5days covers that event incase of courier troble.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Its is true that the ask such question. As already mentioned it is to make sure that you are physically in the UK when UKBA receives your application. and 5 days is ofcourse to cover weekends and possible strike by royal mail (Just in case) and they do provide the royal mail special delivery tracking number to check if the package has reached in Liverpool safely.