Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Need some general help...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:49 am

Need some general help...

Post by RTi » Mon May 31, 2010 10:05 am


Hope someone can help with the following. My wife currently has ILR and we are looking to apply for Citizenship.

1. Can I fill in the form for her? also would they accept a filled in form using a PC?

2. On Form AN I am confused as to how to write her name:
e.g if her name was Mary Anne Smith would i put Smith in box 1.5 and Mary Anne in 1.6 ???

3. In the Residence Section 2.1 What should I put as the place? she arrived at Heathrow..should I put Heathrow, London ?#

4. 3.1 Good Character.. Under Occupation.. can I just enter Housewife?

We have just received our letter and certificates for ESOL and I have noticed one thing.. The letter from the Training Centre is dated 5/5/10 but the Certificates are dated 15/5/10

I think it's just me being fussy.. but I would have thought that the Training Centre would have written their letter AFTER they received the Certificates. ... That is the only thing that I can think if that would cause us a problem.

Thanks for reading..

Member of Standing
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by djb123 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:04 am

1. How would they know it wasn't her hand writing? I actually did my wife's using a PC - can't see the problem as long as you do it in a basic font (courier maybe) in block capitals.

2. Yes, if her name was Mary Anne Smith you would put Smith in box 1.5 and Mary Anne in 1.6

3. Heathrow airport is probably better (though I guess they know it hasn't got a seaport...)

4. Yes I would write housewife/full-time mother/etc if it's by choice rather than because she is unemployed.

No idea with your last question.

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:49 am

Post by RTi » Mon May 31, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks for replying..

I might do it on the PC.. I have Acrobat Pro.. so should be easy enough.. wasn't sure if they will accept it though...I think it's possible to tell from the way someone sign's ..

Re the last question..the Training Centre have just been too efficient by printing the letter before the Certifate had been received...not sure if it will be picked up..