ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Needs to extend Ceremony - Help Required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maliksahel123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Needs to extend Ceremony - Help Required

Post by maliksahel123 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:09 am

Hi all experts,

I have an urgent query if someone could help me with. I got my application successful back in January and got
Ceremony letter in March with date until 31st August. I travelled to Pakistan back in December and then got
stuck due to Corona. Country is still in Red list and I want to extend my Ceremony date if possible.

1 - Who I need to contact if extension is possible? Email address if possible please
2 - If extension is not possible then Can I have Virtual Ceremony from PAKISTAN?
3 - If Virtual Ceremony is possible then what would be my next steps in terms on applying for Passport?

Much appreciated in Advance

maliksahel123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Needs to extend Ceremony - Help Required

Post by maliksahel123 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Can someone please help? or direct me to the right location please

clavelle
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Needs to extend Ceremony - Help Required

Post by clavelle » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 pm

I'm afraid I don't have any help to offer, but I am in a very similar situation.

I submitted my citizenship application in October 2020, traveled to Brazil and then the US in December due to the hospitalization and death of my mother in law. I'd only planned to be away a few months, but because of travel restrictions, lockdown and my being on the NHS shielding list, I've been postponing my return flight to the UK. During all this time, my husband's cousin was collecting my post and unfortunately she completely missed a letter from Hackney Council inviting me for a ceremony in February. I honestly never expected a decision to made that quickly, and am so upset that she overlooked such an important letter! I never received an official letter from the HO, only the council's invitation.

Hackney Council has told me I will need to request an extension from the Home Office. I have emailed the Home Office multiple times but have no response. Hackney has advised me to keep persevering as HO is very busy right now. Do let me know if you've had any better luck requesting an extension.