Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
dipscool
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 2:39 pm

NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by dipscool » Sun May 31, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello,

I was going to fill AN form for June,14 application and luckily I noticed new AN form from 29th May.

On 29th May there have been new AN form with one addition section 1.53 Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years (continue on page 23 and use additional sheets if needed)..

So my query is that in 2011 I have done one temporary job for 2 or 3 months and I don't remember exact date of joining or Date of leaving.

And on one another job I did, company is already closed. So will it make any difference?

So do all dates need to be exact(dd/mm/yyyy) of can be filled with (mm/yyyy)? Do they track previous jobs history?

These lase minute are very confusing. There might be other changes in the form.

Many Thanks,

Dips.

theprideofpak
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 am

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by theprideofpak » Sun May 31, 2015 6:57 pm

It looks like, now they'll start rejecting citizen applications on the basis of breach of immigration rules, if somebody had been working full time when he/she were not suppose to or were not suppose to work at all....

badratio
Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 4:23 pm
Location: London

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by badratio » Sun May 31, 2015 7:12 pm

I reckon MM/YYYY is fine. They can't expect you to remember the exact day also it's not like they can verify it either.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

crazyvish
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by crazyvish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

I wouldn't have thought that they will verify each and every of the employment that you have listed in the Application. I believe it is for the purpose of gathering as much information as possible from you so it can used as and when necessary.

sshah20
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: uk
Contact:
Pakistan

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by sshah20 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:48 pm

The question here is that why they want 10 years employment history from the applicant's?

crazyvish
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by crazyvish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:24 am

sshah20 wrote:The question here is that why they want 10 years employment history from the applicant's?
crazyvish wrote: I believe it is for the purpose of gathering as much information as possible from you so it can used as and when necessary.
I don't think anyone apart from the UKBA have a definitive answer for this.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:55 pm
Location: London

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:32 pm

sshah20 wrote:The question here is that why they want 10 years employment history from the applicant's?
Hazarding a guess here, it may have something to do with aiding the HO with more stringent checks that they would do for Good Character (I.e good character requirement changes that came into effect in December 2014) I.e. to ensure you haven't broken any immigration related employment restrictions.

sshah20
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: uk
Contact:
Pakistan

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by sshah20 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:31 pm

It means those who came on student visa and did full time job will be in trouble?

Manka10
Senior Member
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by Manka10 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:51 pm

sshah20 wrote:why they want 10 years employment history from the applicant's?
Any info you provide can (read will) be used against you.
If you have been working when not authorised, or working more hours than authorised as a student etc. any time in the last 10 years then HO can give a hard time to those applicants
Manka

MrDodge
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:43 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by MrDodge » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:15 am

Unfortunately for my wife, her referees had already filled in the previous version of the form. I called the Home Office helpline, and they said that the old form is still acceptable for 21 days after an update. I wish I could find that in writing somewhere in the guidance..

Rajuk09
Member of Standing
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:27 am

Seems they are trying their level best to reduce people from getting BC.

What happens to people who were doing contracts ? They enter their Limited company or Umberella company name I believe. ?

theprideofpak
Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 am

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by theprideofpak » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Seems they are trying their level best to reduce people from getting BC.

What happens to people who were doing contracts ? They enter their Limited company or Umberella company name I believe. ?
yes they'll mention self-employed

Hubba
Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 am

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by Hubba » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:07 pm

MrDodge wrote:Unfortunately for my wife, her referees had already filled in the previous version of the form. I called the Home Office helpline, and they said that the old form is still acceptable for 21 days after an update. I wish I could find that in writing somewhere in the guidance..
Called the Home Office. Section 5 (Referees and Identity) is identical in both forms. Only the page number and the document version changes. They told me you can use it instead of section 5 on the current form, just put a note saying you've done that.

The application form is not statutory as well and you're not obligated to use it, so they can't really reject an application due to the wrong form being used. If any information is missing they need to treat it as an incomplete application and ask the info to you.

item 6.4.4 of the document below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 50429_.pdf

Sam36
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by Sam36 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 pm

MrDodge: Just to reassure you, i have applied this afternoon through NCS and used the old (04/15) version. Actually i did not realised the change of form but the NCS representative informed me at the appointment today. They also mentioned that they are adviced by HO to accept the old version and inform applicants that "HO reserves the right to request further information if necessary"
Best of Luck

muzakhaa
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by muzakhaa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:37 am

Hi All,
Regarding question 1.53 I can see people are quite worried but not sure why. It makes no sense,
- A normal person IQ would not remember his employers especially the oldest in last 10 years.
- Also called HMRC this morning to get the information of Employment history of past 10 years. I was advised that they dont archive data on system no longer than 5 Years old. However, for anything beyond 5 years old you need to write to a dedicated Record Retrieval department for which I think we need to fill the form and the form wants to state us Employer name and from & to dates of employment.
- I am confused this is why I am contacting them to get the information of to get an idea based on tax years which employer I worked for.
- For my understanding one should provide the information to the best of his knowledge as the form states.

sshah20
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:17 pm
Location: uk
Contact:
Pakistan

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by sshah20 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:52 am

HMRC got all previous employment Record since 1975.

london_2014
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by london_2014 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:11 am

muzakhaa wrote:Hi All,
Regarding question 1.53 I can see people are quite worried but not sure why. It makes no sense,
- A normal person IQ would not remember his employers especially the oldest in last 10 years.
- Also called HMRC this morning to get the information of Employment history of past 10 years. I was advised that they dont archive data on system no longer than 5 Years old. However, for anything beyond 5 years old you need to write to a dedicated Record Retrieval department for which I think we need to fill the form and the form wants to state us Employer name and from & to dates of employment.
- I am confused this is why I am contacting them to get the information of to get an idea based on tax years which employer I worked for.
- For my understanding one should provide the information to the best of his knowledge as the form states.
How can they see if you worked 8 hours during summer time? All the other students used to work with me....cant even remeber whether this was allowed or not... 8 years ago from now....

london_2014
Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by london_2014 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:19 am

theprideofpak wrote:It looks like, now they'll start rejecting citizen applications on the basis of breach of immigration rules, if somebody had been working full time when he/she were not suppose to or were not suppose to work at all....
I believe it is to see whether you paid income taxes and NI rather than seeing whether you worked more hours than allowed as can be seen in the extract from the AN guide (p.7)

1.48- 1.53 You must provide details of your current and previous employment during the past 10 years

If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account.

HarryC
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 am

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by HarryC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:29 am

Ok
with this last 10 years employment, i am on ILR from last 3 years.
I came to uk in 2009. with regads to the last 10 years employment, i initially came on working holiday maker visa in 2009.
I started my employment on 2nd feb 2009 and ended on 10th Feb 2010 after I got a call from my employer to say I am not entitled to work for more than a year on initial working holiday maker visa. I didn’t wanted to overwork and it was just a mere misunderstanding of the rules. I happily stop working as soon as I was told. I was stating Feb-2009 to Feb-2010. Do you think the breaching of the above will cause concern.
Tax reference number, do I need to put all the reference numbers of all the jobs I have done OR the recent reference number ?
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015
Status: In Progress

cs95tdg
Diamond Member
Posts: 3152
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:55 pm
Location: London

Re: NEW AN(Citizenship) FORM MAY'2015

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:30 am

london_2014 wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:It looks like, now they'll start rejecting citizen applications on the basis of breach of immigration rules, if somebody had been working full time when he/she were not suppose to or were not suppose to work at all....
I believe it is to see whether you paid income taxes and NI rather than seeing whether you worked more hours than allowed as can be seen in the extract from the AN guide (p.7)

1.48- 1.53 You must provide details of your current and previous employment during the past 10 years

If you do not pay income tax through PAYE you must demonstrate that you have discharged your obligations towards the H.M. Revenue & Customs, by attaching a Self Assessment Statement of Account.
I'd say they would look at both of the following when it comes to employment:
1) Whether you paid the necessary taxes/NI on income
2) Whether you were employed while you had no right to work under the immigration rules that applied to you at the time. I cannot comment on how they would know/or if they would check how many hours someone worked. There are many different restrictions that apply to those who are in the UK under different immigration categories (e.g. Visitors, asylum seekers, students, those who have no leave to remain by overstaying etc...) They will most probably look to see if the applicant was in breach of immigration rules based on their immigration history combined with employment history.

Locked
cron