ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-applying dependants Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

renkia
Newly Registered

Non-applying dependants Question

Post by renkia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm

What do they mean in the question in the online form for naturalisation - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
In my case its the kids and myself applying and my husband(permanent resident) will be applying later. So do I answer yes as my husband will be applying later or do they just refer to the kids??

kautya

Re: Non-applying dependants Question

Post by kautya » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Hi Renkia,

What did you answer for this question ? I have the same query as I am not sure if the dependant question is referring to visa dependants or dependant family like children.

RNikita

Post by RNikita » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 am

Hi Senior Members,

I and my wife have ILR from 2013. Only i am applying BC at this time.
what needs the be answered ( Yes or NO ) to this questions - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

i am not sure if my wife is still a dependent from a application point as she hold ILR.

kinldy let me know.

Thanks for your help

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 am

The advice I have been given here is that for immigration purposes, any persons who you have sponsored (for example spouse visa) will qualify as a dependent. Thats what I have put down in my application.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:24 pm

I always thought it means "do you any dependents British national or no applying with you". and for previous applications i have always answered yes, because i do have dependents (all British) but are not applying with me.

kautya

Post by kautya » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:26 pm

RNikita wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:55 am
Hi Senior Members,

I and my wife have ILR from 2013. Only i am applying BC at this time.
what needs the be answered ( Yes or NO ) to this questions - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

i am not sure if my wife is still a dependent from a application point as she hold ILR.

kinldy let me know.

Thanks for your help
Hi,
I had eventually replied with a yes and filled in her details. I think there is only one follow up question which is to confirm they have not committed any offence or something along those lines. I have had my naturalisation approved.

RNikita

Post by RNikita » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Thank you all.

I will go ahead with 'Yes' and give my wife details in the next page

Regards

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:18 pm

So just to confirm in my situation where all my dependents are British Nationals, my answer would be NO because they dont need to apply....???

Petra Necasova
Newly Registered

Post by Petra Necasova » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:52 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 am
The advice I have been given here is that for immigration purposes, any persons who you have sponsored (for example spouse visa) will qualify as a dependent. Thats what I have put down in my application.
renkia wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm
What do they mean in the question in the online form for naturalisation - Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?
In my case its the kids and myself applying and my husband(permanent resident) will be applying later. So do I answer yes as my husband will be applying later or do they just refer to the kids??