ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON -EU familiy memeber PR -- work history 5 years or 10 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Issa123
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

NON -EU familiy memeber PR -- work history 5 years or 10 years

Post by Issa123 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm

I am a non eeu family member and held the PR status for more than a year. I am going to apply for citizenship based on 5 year residency with PR

On applications it is asking for work history upto 10 years, I started working in current job 7 years ago which was on July 2011, and has been on full time work since, I did few other jobs (few part time work and worked in a factory for 3to4 months before that).

I do not have the start dates and end dates of previous jobs,

I have emailed info.sars@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk asking for 10 years work history last week but had no response, Is this email still valid or do i need to write to them to get this info?

On application if I put NO to any other employment for last 10 year on employment section, would the application be refused on basis I have knowingly given false information, or shall I wait to hear from HMRS(apparently over 40 days) to apply ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: NON -EU familiy memeber PR -- work history 5 years or 10 years

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm

Issa123 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:34 pm
I am a non eeu family member and held the PR status for more than a year. I am going to apply for citizenship based on 5 year residency with PR

On applications it is asking for work history upto 10 years, I started working in current job 7 years ago which was on July 2011, and has been on full time work since, I did few other jobs (few part time work and worked in a factory for 3to4 months before that). you are required to state the employment history for 10 years or from the date you arrived if it is less than 10 years.

I do not have the start dates and end dates of previous jobs, You can use approximate dates

I have emailed info.sars@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk asking for 10 years work history last week but had no response, Is this email still valid or do i need to write to them to get this info? Don't know - best check on HMRC website

On application if I put NO to any other employment for last 10 year on employment section, would the application be refused on basis I have knowingly given false information, or shall I wait to hear from HMRS(apparently over 40 days) to apply ? Not sure what any other employment is meant, but you are required to fill in the application complete and truthfully.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Issa123
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: NON -EU familiy memeber PR -- work history 5 years or 10 years

Post by Issa123 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi alterhase58,

you are required to state the employment history for 10 years or from the date you arrived if it is less than 10 years. I was under the impression they only require last 5 years work history details but I will give the approximate dates that I worked from the date I first arrived in the UK(oct -2009),
I was doing few part time jobs when I was a student, I will try to get approximate dates, if I can not find the names and dates I would wait for the employment history letter as I dont want to take a risk

Not sure what any other employment is meant, but you are required to fill in the application complete and truthfully.. just thought mentioning only the recent job as it covered from july 2011. all the other jobs were part time jobs i did (stewarding for G4S, worked in night club for as bar staff for about 6 months, worked in a factory for about 4 months which i am struggling to recall the dates as it was way back).

thanks