ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not declaring a polygamous marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zebra100
Newly Registered

Not declaring a polygamous marriage

Post by Zebra100 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:02 pm

Hello dear members sorry if I couldn’t type this question in a new thread as I don’t know how to start a new thread.
Anyways question is...what if someone doesn’t declare his polygamous marriage in citizenship application as there is no question about it,it just asks about any previous marriage.(polygamous marriage is present marriage not previous one).
In application form there’s no question about polygamous marriage.
Will this creat any problems in future if he put NO ?Like a deception in citizenship application ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Not declaring a polygamous marriage

Post by CR001 » Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Polygamous marriage is when you are married to more than one person at the same time, ie you have 2 it 3 CURRENT wives.

https://www.google.com/search?q=polygam ... e&ie=UTF-8
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zebra100
Newly Registered

Post by Zebra100 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm
Polygamous marriage is when you are married to more than one person at the same time, ie you have 2 it 3 CURRENT wives.

Thanks for your quick reply but answer to my question is still incomplete.
I know what polygamy marriage is but how someone can declare it in citizenship application if there is no section about polygamy marriage is ?

Zebra100
Newly Registered

Post by Zebra100 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks for your quick reply but answer to my question is still incomplete.
I know what polygamy marriage is but how someone can declare it in citizenship application if there is no section about polygamy marriage is ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon May 17, 2021 9:31 pm

Provided the polygamous marriages were not conducted in the UK and provided that they did not lie on any previous spousal visa application, I believe the applicant should be fine.

Be aware that he will not be able to sponsor another wife to the UK even after becoming a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zebra100
Newly Registered

Post by Zebra100 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:53 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 9:31 pm
Provided the polygamous marriages were not conducted in the UK and provided that they did not lie on any previous spousal visa application, I believe the applicant should be fine.

Be aware that he will not be able to sponsor another wife to the UK even after becoming a British citizen.
Got it,thanks