ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November Applications and before: some tips

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 pm

27/4: Today, I finally received the letter (dated 23/4) asking for more documentation.
-----
Alex

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 am

AlexS wrote:27/4: Today, I finally received the letter (dated 23/4) asking for more documentation.
Request for more documentation regarding your travel?

I am getting worried as I did many (15-20) trips to Europe for work but well with in the allowed limit.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 am

manoj123 wrote: I am getting worried as I did many (15-20) trips to Europe for work but well with in the allowed limit.
Why?

For my [10yrs] ILR application I had 75 trips [mainly Europe, also worldwide] and none of those were for work, but well within the limit.

Now for the naturalisation, I had 49 trips in last 5 years [again none work related], but as they are also well within the limit, I see no reason to be worried.

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:12 am

manoj123 wrote:
AlexS wrote:27/4: Today, I finally received the letter (dated 23/4) asking for more documentation.

I am getting worried as I did many (15-20) trips to Europe for work but well with in the allowed limit.
No, it was for proof my wife was exercising her treaty rights during the last years.
Don't worry, as long as you haven't been out of the country for more of the allowed time, it doesn't matter the times you've been away.
-----
Alex

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am

AlexS wrote:
manoj123 wrote:

No, it was for proof my wife was exercising her treaty rights during the last years.
Don't worry, as long as you haven't been out of the country for more of the allowed time, it doesn't matter the times you've been away.
Thanks for that.

I wasn't worried because I travelled..but it might delay the process. It has been 2months since I applied and am already looking for the post every day. :lol:

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue May 01, 2012 9:07 am

Hay Guys

I have sent them a letter last week and a letter yesterday asking for update as i am reaching my six months time next week

so far no reply

I am planing to write to my MP next week and see what is gonna happen?

what about you Guys?

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Tue May 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Nothing for me.

Excitement's gone and I am preparing myself for a long wait...considering some people on this forum had to wait 9 mths to a year.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue May 01, 2012 2:24 pm

goonzilla wrote:Nothing for me.

Excitement's gone and I am preparing myself for a long wait...considering some people on this forum had to wait 9 mths to a year.
I know it is not the same, but

it is a stage that we have to pass

have you considered any action like writing, shouting, whatever :-)

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Tue May 01, 2012 4:15 pm

Blackhole wrote:
goonzilla wrote:Nothing for me.

I know it is not the same, but

it is a stage that we have to pass

have you considered any action like writing, shouting, whatever :-)
Thought about it, and I know a couple of you have written to them. I'll wait and see what happens with your attempts...if it works I might just go ahead and try it. Alternatively, I might wait till the end of the month when it's passed 6 months and then I can really hassle them!

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Sat May 05, 2012 8:27 am

Finally! I received the approval letter this morning! It came in the Special Delivery prepaid envelope I sent to them, together with the additional documents they asked about two weeks ago.

Now to book the ceremony!
-----
Alex

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sat May 05, 2012 10:02 am

AlexS wrote:Finally! I received the approval letter this morning! It came in the Special Delivery prepaid envelope I sent to them, together with the additional documents they asked about two weeks ago.

Now to book the ceremony!
Congratulation :D

elliass
BANNED

BC

Post by elliass » Sat May 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi all,

I applied for BC in mid of last Jan/2012. I called to inform them that I am going abroad for a month they asked me for my details to record my trip but the lady found out nothing in the system (still no file in the system) so she asked me to send a letter about the trip.

After I came back to UK called them to check whether UKBA received my letter the lady told me that it is recieved and my application is under consideration. 3 weeks later I called to get status the gentlman told me that my application is in the process but without any additional information provided by the advisor. I asked him franckly how many weeks more might take mine to be processed he said that It is defficult to know but it might take a month or two months more no longer. But I am not sure about what he said. Maybe only guessing.

A few days ago I called UKBA again and I asked them about my application but no luck to get any status because I am still under six months.

In this case I will wait till I pass 6 months then I will called them to get update about my application.

Thank you for reading my case and good luck all of you! :)

iTSPossible
Newly Registered

was it necessary to inform them

Post by iTSPossible » Sun May 06, 2012 11:19 pm

I assume once you submit your application and dont leave atleast 5 working days after it thats alright, after that you can leave for 1 month or so, and dont need to inform them,

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue May 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Congrat mate

finally your trip is over

tomorrow exactly 6 months for me still NOTHING

Have a good day :-)

elliass
BANNED

Post by elliass » Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Blackhole wrote:
Congrat mate

Did you cantact UKBA about your application to get update? or you are planning to contact them after passing six months.

I hope you will get it soon! I applied in mid of Jan/2012 no news :(

Good luck Blackhole! :)

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Tue May 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Blackhole wrote:
Congrat mate

Thanks Blackhole. Well, if it's 6 months now, you can start calling them every day until they give you a proper answer!
Good luck!
-----
Alex

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Posted this before in wrong thread

Post by burtsbee » Wed May 09, 2012 11:47 am

Someone I know applied in December 2011 - just don't jump on me - you know who - "forum police" particular member and I don't mean moderators or admin, just because it's a December application please, thank you.

They waited 5 months, rang to ask for documents to be returned as they needed ID, hoping for the approval decision to come along with the docs. Docs were sent back, but no decision. After 5 months. The wait is still on. How disappointing.
Anyone had the same situation? Thanks.

BB

Blackhole

Re: Posted this before in wrong thread

Post by Blackhole » Thu May 10, 2012 12:08 pm

burtsbee wrote:Someone I know applied in December 2011 - just don't jump on me - you know who - "forum police" particular member and I don't mean moderators or admin, just because it's a December application please, thank you.

They waited 5 months, rang to ask for documents to be returned as they needed ID, hoping for the approval decision to come along with the docs. Docs were sent back, but no decision. After 5 months. The wait is still on. How disappointing.
Anyone had the same situation? Thanks.

BB
here is on 6 months plus

also there is two or three guys from OCT, NOV club still waiting

so you are not a lone

burtsbee
- thin ice -

Post by burtsbee » Thu May 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Thank you, Blackhole, it is a very stressful time, and there seems to be no method in this madness. I, myself, was quite lucky as I got my BC within around 2 months of applying, but this person I know doesn't seem to be so lucky.

Shame they wouldn't give you any updates, let alone an apology for going over 6 months...... Good luck to you and all the others that are waiting.

Anyone rang UKBA recently?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 pm

burtsbee wrote:Thank you, Blackhole, it is a very stressful time, and there seems to be no method in this madness. I, myself, was quite lucky as I got my BC within around 2 months of applying, but this person I know doesn't seem to be so lucky.

Shame they wouldn't give you any updates, let alone an apology for going over 6 months...... Good luck to you and all the others that are waiting.

Anyone rang UKBA recently?
thanks mate

tried to call today and call centre is down

gonna write to my MP tomorrow

guess nothing else I can do :-(