ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online AN Application - Common Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tenseboy88
Newly Registered

Online AN Application - Common Questions

Post by tenseboy88 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Hi All,
Just finished filling out the Online application AN form for Citizenship and had few questions to clarify. Could you pls help me on these:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

I came to the UK on student visa in Sep 2010. Then went on PSW in Oct 2011. Went back home to Non EU country in April 2012 and returned on Tier 2 General visa in Sep 2012. Remained on Tier 2 for 5 years (though had 3 different Tier 2 in this space) before applying for ILR in July 2017.

For the purpose of the above question - should I start with the First Tier 2 General visa (Sep 2012) and then provide details of other Tier 2 and ILR? (As I think these visas are classified as immigration applications).
OR do I have to include Student visa and PSW visa too?

I also had a UK visit visa in 1998, which I assume I dont have to mention.

When did you first arrive in the UK?

Is this the date when I first arrived on Student visa in Sep 2011? OR is this the date when I arrived back in Sep 2012 on Tier 2 General (after going home in April 2012 whilst on Post study work visa).

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I have answered as - No, I have never had any of these.

However then on Other information just for Full disclosure I have written the below:

I completed a Driver course in September 2016. I was given the option to attend this workshop instead of receiving a fixed penalty fine. As I completed the course this meant that NO endorsement or penalty points was made on my license. The course was assigned for use of handheld mobile device while driving.

is NO the right answer to the question?

[b]Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?[/b]

I have answered Yes - as I have spouse who is Non-EU, still on Tier 2 dependant visa.

Thanks a million for helping me in providing answers to the questions above.

tenseboy88
Newly Registered

Re: Online AN Application - Common Questions

Post by tenseboy88 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 am

Any responses to the above questions pls?