ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents DOB Unknown. What shall I do?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sambh
Newly Registered
Bhutan

Parents DOB Unknown. What shall I do?

Post by Sambh » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:07 pm

Greetings!
I am about to apply for British Citizenship on the 10yr+ legal residency with ILR of 4yr+. However, the part where I need to feel in the DOB of my parents, I do not have that information. This is because my parents died when I was a very young age and I do not have any of their DOB information.

I spoke with my solicitor and he was suggesting me to do guesswork and put an assumed DOB for my parents in the AN form. He suggested that with the online application process, the Parents DOB section cannot be left blank, hence he suggested I put some assumed DOB.

However, I wanted to get more information if anyone has been in a similar position as me.
What should I do?

Thank you for your kind response in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Parents DOB Unknown. What shall I do?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:31 pm

Your parents DOB is not relevant. Simply put Not known.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.