ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport and other documents missing by Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aryan007
Newly Registered

Passport and other documents missing by Home Office

Post by aryan007 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Dear All,
I am going to better say want to apply my Naturalisation application coming month but problem is Till today I didn't received my Passport and other documents from Home office.My solicitor send them 10 chasing up letter but they replied once and informed they never ever had my passport possession. Yeah surprising!!!!! This is called Home office. Anyway my local MP also chase up several times.But they also informed my mp misleading and untruth information.

Now my mp asked me to send final warning letter through my solicitor to Home office to let them clear whether they lost my passport and other documents including life in the uk and my degree certificate. If Home office don't reply then my MP will complain to Ombudsman.

I already send that letter through my solicitor one month before but no response yet.Now guys what I will do in this situation? Do I wait in this situation untill get my passport and other documents or can apply without passport and other documents? I received only BRP and ILR approval letter from Home Office 11 months before.

a!
Thanks in advance.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Passport and other documents missing by Home Office

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:43 am

aryan007 wrote: My solicitor send them 10 chasing up letter but they replied once and informed they never ever had my passport possession. Yeah surprising!!!!! This is called Home office. Anyway my local MP also chase up several times.But they also informed my mp misleading and untruth information.
That is indeed surprising. Lets clear up some points.
Did you apply for your ILR through 1. post or 2. was it in person at PEO?

1. If it was through postal, did you send your documents, or is it possible your solicitor has lost them?
2. If it was through PEO. You'd gotten your documents back straightaway, did you go with your solicitor at that time?
aryan007 wrote: Now my mp asked me to send final warning letter through my solicitor to Home office to let them clear whether they lost my passport and other documents including life in the uk and my degree certificate. If Home office don't reply then my MP will complain to Ombudsman.

I already send that letter through my solicitor one month before but no response yet.Now guys what I will do in this situation? Do I wait in this situation untill get my passport and other documents or can apply without passport and other documents? I received only BRP and ILR approval letter from Home Office 11 months before.

a!
Thanks in advance.
I'd await their reply to your MP.

If that does not help then personally I would simply apply for replacement passport from your country's embassy and request replacement/duplicate UK degree from your university. Then I would go through Nationality Checking Service (NCS) and apply for naturalisation. NCS will photocopy your originals and given them back to you there and then, they will then send photocopies with your Naturalisation application, that way, you will never be separate from your documents at this stage.
Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

aryan007
Newly Registered

Post by aryan007 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks for your kind reply.
I applied through post. Home office never send the documents to my solicitor. The reason why I believe my solicitor cause when my local MP chasing up on behalf of me Home Office always make different types of issue such as like they are doing search the building, sometime they informed my passport and other documents in Sheffield valuable documents bank even they never ever had my passport possession. If Home office at least don't inform me they lost the passpprt then how can I make my passport through high comission. Police station ask me where you lost your passport?

Right I don't have any passpprt, Life in the Uk certificate, degree certificate forget about my othrr documents.
I don't know what I will do now! I am just fed up and stressed.

fwd079
Diamond Member

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:47 pm

aryan007 wrote: If Home office at least don't inform me they lost the passpprt then how can I make my passport through high comission. Police station ask me where you lost your passport?
Tell them its lost in post.
aryan007 wrote: Right I don't have any passpprt, Life in the Uk certificate, degree certificate forget about my othrr documents.
I don't know what I will do now! I am just fed up and stressed.
Please read my reply again. I'd also await further replies.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

aryan007
Newly Registered

Post by aryan007 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 am

Without my passport how can I prove my residence period?
What sort of documents I can attach with my application to prove my residence?
I also yesterday make the SAR request though it will take at least 40 days.
Guide me please.
Thanks in advance.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat May 16, 2015 11:12 am

aryan007 wrote:Without my passport how can I prove my residence period?
What sort of documents I can attach with my application to prove my residence?
I also yesterday make the SAR request though it will take at least 40 days.
Making the SAR is a good starting point. I'll see if I can find an official source which has elaborated what documents would be acceptable in the event a passport is lost.

But in the meantime, you may want to look at the documents listed under the following topic, where the OP had lost her passport. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1180489

aryan007
Newly Registered

Post by aryan007 » Sat May 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Thanks for your post. I am working from june 2011 to till now .Got employment letter and have my last three years P60. Waiting for your future post.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat May 16, 2015 10:19 pm

The only reference I've found is on page 2 of the following, where it refers to doctor's letters. I'm sure that isn't the only form of evidence they'd accept. A more comprehensive list appears in the thread posted in my previous reply. P60's & employer letters should be acceptable if you were employed throughout your residence period. The NCS should be able to advise you of evidence that would be acceptable for your circumstances. On a separate note, dId you by any chance take a copy of your passport (this is always advisable) prior to sending your previous application & supporting documents to the HO by post?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 141212.pdf

rgg
Newly Registered

Post by rgg » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 pm

aryan007 wrote:Dear All,
I am going to better say want to apply my Naturalisation application coming month but problem is Till today I didn't received my Passport and other documents from Home office.My solicitor send them 10 chasing up letter but they replied once and informed they never ever had my passport possession. Yeah surprising!!!!! This is called Home office. Anyway my local MP also chase up several times.But they also informed my mp misleading and untruth information.

Now my mp asked me to send final warning letter through my solicitor to Home office to let them clear whether they lost my passport and other documents including life in the uk and my degree certificate. If Home office don't reply then my MP will complain to Ombudsman.

a!
Thanks in advance.
Have you received your passport? I am in the same situation. I received my British Citizenship few months ago. Unfortunately, there was a mistake in the certificate and I had to send it back to make correction. After few weeks they told me to send my original passport in the return envelope which I send it by Special delivery. The tracking code shows the passport has been received and signed for by one of them. Now after 7 weeks I sent my passport, I received a letter from the home office stating they haven't received my passport so they cannot process further for correction in the certificate. I don't know what to do now. I have called several times to them and they are not being helpful. I sent a letter with the proof of delivery two weeks ago and no response yet from them. I am frustrated and I want to know if the home office have found your passport?

Thanks