ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - definition of applying as "part of a couple" or "part of a group"?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nelfi781
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Passport application - definition of applying as "part of a couple" or "part of a group"?

Post by nelfi781 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:48 am

My parter and I applied for our first passports on 15 Jan and posted the documents on 17 January in the same envelope to the same passport office.

I got a notification on 20 January that my documents were received, and I got a notification today 26 January that my application was approved. However, my partner's application still says "send your documents". We sent them together to Hemel Hemsptead (even though his said send to Crosby) because of the information that said

"Applying as part of a family or couple. If you're applying as part of a family or couple, send all the documents together in the same envelope. This helps to keep your applications together, which is important if you have to send the same document for more than one application.

Put all the documents together in a strong envelope. List each application reference number on the front, above the address. If each person in the group has been given a differetn address, you can send the documents to any of the addresses we've given you"

Did we do something wrong? We clearly marked both reference numbers on the envelope. A little nervous that his hasn't even been updated to docs received even though mine has been approved!

Any advice and help very welcome, and good luck to everyone who is still waiting on an answer.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport application - definition of applying as "part of a couple" or "part of a group"?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:54 pm

From postings here over many months since last year I understand that:
- "family" or "group" applications may not necessarily be processed by the same caseworker which may/will introduce timing differences.
- systems updates for documents received could be days out from the actual receipt (i.e. when HMPO sign for the special delivery).
I suggest you wait a bit longer. On the face of it there's nothing you have done wrong (unless advised by HMPO).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tito1985
Newly Registered

Re: Passport application - definition of applying as "part of a couple" or "part of a group"?

Post by Tito1985 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:19 pm

I have the same issue with this HMPO, I have posted my wife and my son documents on the same day and signed by the same person on 10th of Jan, my wife's application has been processed and till now my son's application in the state (send your documents), really I don't know what's the issue in Hemel Hempstead. Could you please let me know if your wife's application has been processed ?

Tito1985
Newly Registered

Post by Tito1985 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 pm

nelfi781 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:48 am
My parter and I applied for our first passports on 15 Jan and posted the documents on 17 January in the same envelope to the same passport office.

I got a notification on 20 January that my documents were received, and I got a notification today 26 January that my application was approved. However, my partner's application still says "send your documents". We sent them together to Hemel Hemsptead (even though his said send to Crosby) because of the information that said

"Applying as part of a family or couple. If you're applying as part of a family or couple, send all the documents together in the same envelope. This helps to keep your applications together, which is important if you have to send the same document for more than one application.

Put all the documents together in a strong envelope. List each application reference number on the front, above the address. If each person in the group has been given a differetn address, you can send the documents to any of the addresses we've given you"

Did we do something wrong? We clearly marked both reference numbers on the envelope. A little nervous that his hasn't even been updated to docs received even though mine has been approved!

Any advice and help very welcome, and good luck to everyone who is still waiting on an answer.
I have the same issue with this HMPO, I have posted my wife and my son documents on the same day and signed by the same person on 10th of Jan, my wife's application has been processed and till now my son's application in the state (send your documents), really I don't know what's the issue in Hemel Hempstead. Could you please let me know if your wife's application has been processed ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:57 pm

Tito1985 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:37 pm
nelfi781 wrote:

Tito1985, just be patient for the process to complete.

BlackDahlia
Germany

Post by BlackDahlia » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:35 pm

Did anyone here hear anything? My application seems to be similarly stuck at Hemel Hempstead and I am starting to get very worried…

Greenbook
Newly Registered

Post by Greenbook » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:11 am

I have the same problem with this HMPO, did you solve the problem? If yes , how?

Greenbook
Newly Registered

Post by Greenbook » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:14 pm

BlackDahlia wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:35 pm
Did anyone here hear anything? My application seems to be similarly stuck at Hemel Hempstead and I am starting to get very worried…
Hi, did you solve the problem?

Greenbook
Newly Registered

Post by Greenbook » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm

nelfi781 wrote:

Greenbook
Newly Registered

Post by Greenbook » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:16 pm

Tito1985 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:19 pm

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:31 pm

Greenbook wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:16 pm
Tito1985 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:19 pm
Can you stick to your post and thread in asking your questions. Some of the forum members whose posts yiy are digging up not here for weeks.