ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport application - grant parents details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

teddybear79

passport application - grant parents details

Post by teddybear79 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Passport form require following

If both parents named below were born after 31st December 1982 OR were born outside the UK, we will also need the full name, town, country, date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents (or details of your parents claim to British nationality). Write these details in Section 8, or on a separate piece of paper.

This means that if your parents are born outside UK you need to give me details of your grandparents, in case case my grandparents passed away ins 1940's and no detail in available what to do

alterhase58
Germany

Re: passport application - grant parents details

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:12 pm

Parents/grandparents' details are not relevant for passport applications based on applicant being naturalised as British.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Zhonno
Newly Registered

Post by Zhonno » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:52 am

I would agree that they are not relevant, but the passport application form doesn't agree. It clearly states you must provide the information.
Is there any documentation that confirms your opinion?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:19 pm

If you naturalise, then parents’/grandparents’ details are irrelevant for your British citizenship.

However, if HMPO ask, then do provide any available information. If you renew a lost passport in the future, then I suspect they may also ask again and compare the answers to prevent identity thief?

Keep a copy of your application for reference.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.