ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application update for family members

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Passport application update for family members

Post by Shah1698 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:44 pm

Hi there, I am not sure if anyone is similar situation. Any advice will be grateful.

I and my family (wife and 2 children) applied for first British passport on 27th Nov 2022 and sent the documents on 29th Nov 2022.

I got my passport yesterday (12th Dec 2022) - HMPO Hemel Hempstead
My wife received update on 30th Nov 2022 saying documents received (HMPO Corby) - no approval yet
My two children didn't receive any update at all (not even documents received) The documents sent to Hempsted and Corby HMPO

I am worrying if passport office lost my children documents? Does this take this long to update "documents received" update?
Shah

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Passport application update for family members

Post by Ticktack » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:04 pm

Shah1698 wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:44 pm
Hi there, I am not sure if anyone is similar situation. Any advice will be grateful.

I and my family (wife and 2 children) applied for first British passport on 27th Nov 2022 and sent the documents on 29th Nov 2022.

I got my passport yesterday (12th Dec 2022) - HMPO Hemel Hempstead
My wife received update on 30th Nov 2022 saying documents received (HMPO Corby) - no approval yet
My two children didn't receive any update at all (not even documents received) The documents sent to Hempsted and Corby HMPO

I am worrying if passport office lost my children documents? Does this take this long to update "documents received" update?
Yes it does take time to update their system. If you did recorded delivery, then that's all the acknowledgement you need to ascertain that it got to it's destination.
Passport would get approval at different dates. There's no real logic to it.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!