ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application, wrong section 5? Home Office London

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcovet
BANNED

Passport Application, wrong section 5? Home Office London

Post by mcovet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 pm

I helped someone fill out an application for the first adult passport. In the place of naturalisation certificate, I told him to insert "Hendon Town Hall" as that is were he was issued the certificate (hindsight is a biatch). The person used Check & Send and the guy there never said a word about the place of issue. Would this be a major "issue" excuse the punt :D as I just had a look at the usual wording people use "Home Office London".

Will that delay his application or anyone else had their passport applications processed with similar mistakes?

Would be awkward to have him come back because of this.

Thx

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Not an issue and will not delay the application. IPS are mainly interested to understand if the certificate was issued in the UK or elsewhere.

helpmepleasee
Newly Registered

Post by helpmepleasee » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm

that's a mistake my cousin made as well and i would imagine being a rather common mistake.

it was no issue none what so ever, he his passport in 2 weeks :D

so don't worry about it

on a different note, i see a lot of folks here recommend using Check and send service for passports, i'm not sure why people recommend it so strongly if they can't pick such mistakes up ?

am curious as to why people choose to use the post office apart from the secure delivery option ? any other benefits ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 pm

This was discussed several times in the past. See here for example.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:23 pm

nah, I would still recommend C&S as in another case a person at the Post Office did spot 2 errors: one was the white background of the pic (must be cream or off-white?!) and the other was the missing signature on the back of the countersignatory's picture (even though the example in the Guidance to the application only has a printed name of the countersignatory but the application itself clearly says the photo must be signed, they applicant didn't see that bit).

So, it is not a bad service, considering that your own application using a Special Del envelope costs £5.95 or so and for an extra £3 one gets a free overview of the application, especially if one does not belong to the cast of meticulous people and makes silly mistakes. Obviously, you should be able to distinguish between those assistants who are clued up and those who clearly see the form for the first or second time, it's up to you. But I suspect the C&S applications for the 1st time adult passports are also processed quicker by the IPS, no hard facts, just a suspicion.