ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiring

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leoronnie

Passport expiring

Post by leoronnie » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Hi,

MN1 has been submitted 2 months back. Now Kids passport expiring in few week time. Do i have to renew the passport ?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport expiring

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:58 am

No.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

leoronnie

Post by leoronnie » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:32 pm

Hi All,

MN1 has been submitted back in Nov 2022 still no response. Kids passport already expired and current tier 2 dependent visa expiring soon.

Do I have to submit the application to extend the visa?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:40 pm

I assume child was born inside UK; if yes, no need to extend the visa, unless you want to travel with the child (no way to return to UK otherwise) or use free NHS (will be billed at 150% of the cost or so).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

leoronnie

Post by leoronnie » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:47 pm

Thanks there is no plan to travel next few months. Child born inside UK.

If no response from home office next few months and if we have plan to travel outside UK say in June/ July. If we submit visa extension application in June when their visa already expired in March. Will they consider as overstayer ?

And if I have to submit visa extension application what type of application ILR or Tier 2 Visa extension ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:53 pm

They are an overstayer once their visas expired in March. This does not affect their entitlement to register as British but until they are British, they will have no legal status in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leoronnie

Post by leoronnie » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:30 pm

thanks CR.

no legal status will impact school or treatment from NHS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:44 pm

leoronnie wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:30 pm
thanks CR.

no legal status will impact school or treatment from NHS?
Schooling no.

Free NHS treatment yes, as has already been advised by another forum member.
meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:40 pm
I assume child was born inside UK; if yes, no need to extend the visa, unless you want to travel with the child (no way to return to UK otherwise) or use free NHS (will be billed at 150% of the cost or so).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leoronnie

Post by leoronnie » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:56 pm

Thanks again.

also I want to know financial support for Sports or free training from one of the leading sports in the UK count as using Public funds? One of my child getting it.

Thanks

leoronnie

Post by leoronnie » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:09 am

Hi,

I am currently reviewing the MN1 timeline and have noticed that most applications are completed within 1-2 months. However, I am uncertain whether receiving financial support for sports or free training from a prominent UK sports organization would be considered as using public funds, which could be causing delays in the process. If you or anyone you know is currently waiting for more than 4 months for an MN1 application, please feel free to share your timeline.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:14 am

However, I am uncertain whether receiving financial support for sports or free training from a prominent UK sports organization would be considered as using public funds, which could be causing delays in the process.

Unlikely.
If you or anyone you know is currently waiting for more than 4 months for an MN1 application, please feel free to share your timeline.
Unnecessary to ask members to share timelines in this topic when there is an existing timeline thread. Note that applications for citizenship CAN take up to 6 months, sometimes longer. You simply need to wait to hear back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)