ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Interview

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

vinitmanu
Member of Standing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Umida wrote:what happens if you don`t pas interview at idently and passport service
why are you so worried? Normally, these are questions about you and things/events related to you.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

jagait
Junior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by jagait » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Umida wrote:what happens if you don`t pas interview at idently and passport service
You don't get the passport. sinples!

artfreak9
Junior Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:31 am

Post by artfreak9 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:12 pm

gidoc wrote:
1664
Member of Standing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:13 am Post subject: Re: Passport Interview questions Reply with quote
ariesnr wrote:
Yes a lot of questions....but its like a rapid fire round...so was over in 15-20 mins or even less.I didnt stumble or get stuck anywhere so it went very quickly...

For a person like me who is confident otherwise can make me nervous in such situations. But I should fine if I went through all the dates esp regarding my parents' details.
Be your normal self, if you forget something, say so, it woudnt be a problem.
Just wondering when/If you apply for Passport through C&S. what paperwork is required? just the Naturalisation certificate and current passport?

Thanks,
Rohan...

vinitmanu
Member of Standing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 am

artfreak9 wrote: Just wondering when/If you apply for Passport through C&S. what paperwork is required? just the Naturalisation certificate and current passport?

Thanks,
Rohan...
Normally yes. But, have a read through the requirements and the link at the bottom of the page.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 pm
Location: Wales

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Erun wrote:Well I got my documents and interview letter quick enough...
On behalf of a friend: when are the documents returned in relation to the interview letter? My friend received the interview letter, but is still waiting for the return of the documents (passport/citizenship certificate). I think I received everything at the same time, but not entirely sure anymore.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
Erun wrote:Well I got my documents and interview letter quick enough...
On behalf of a friend: when are the documents returned in relation to the interview letter? My friend received the interview letter, but is still waiting for the return of the documents (passport/citizenship certificate). I think I received everything at the same time, but not entirely sure anymore.
From what I gather looking at the members time line, it's normally on the same day.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:32 pm
Location: Wales

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

vinitmanu wrote:From what I gather looking at the members time line, it's normally on the same day.
Thanks, that is how I remembered it, too, but I thought I check in here to be sure. Anyone else here had to wait over a week, and if so, any indication as for the reason? Could find one in the main thread, that was snow - not applicable at the moment.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing
Posts: 282
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:Thanks, that is how I remembered it, too, but I thought I check in here to be sure. Anyone else here had to wait over a week, and if so, any indication as for the reason? Could find one in the main thread, that was snow - not applicable at the moment.
If a person uses DX to return documents then they might need someone to sign off. Worth checking with them?
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

subhankhan786
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: manchester

Post by subhankhan786 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:55 pm

had my interview today and below are the questions
1) Spell your name for me
2)did i go by train or car
3) what make is the caronf
4)Confirm my address
5)how else live at this address
6)how did i meet my partner
7)how long we are together
8)who do i bank with
9)how many credit cards do i have
10)how many mobiles do i have and which network
11) how old is my counter-signatory
12)how far is my house from my place of work
13)how do i go to work

shook her hands and was told will get passport in 7 working days

moscow
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:33 am

Re: Passport Interview for my non-english speaking elderly m

Post by moscow » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:53 am

My 73 yo mother who barely speaks any English is due to have a passport interview at London/Victoria this Saturday. When I was booking an appointment they refused to provide an interpreter for the first attempt (saying is she fails then they will book one for the second interview which is rather weird) and stated that I won't be able to interpret for her. She was exempted from english test due to her age.

do you know if there is way for me to insist on being present or whether she could bring and refer to typed notes where essentially I will list answers to questions that are summarised on this site?

Any other useful tips for he situation?

Thanks!

omya
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: Passport Interview

Post by omya » Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm

I went to my interview on Friday, went pretty good...I just have a terrible feeling that I signed with a different signature than the one I used on my passport application form..any advice if this is true?

User avatar
alterhase58
Respected Guru
Posts: 4053
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm
Location: UK Bucks
Germany

Re: Passport Interview

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 07, 2017 5:37 pm

omya wrote:I went to my interview on Friday, went pretty good...I just have a terrible feeling that I signed with a different signature than the one I used on my passport application form..any advice if this is true?
You'll be fine - had the same but the passport arrived couple of days later!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice - they will be ignored

Locked
cron