ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
mckhan007
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Permanent Residence and naturalisation

Post by mckhan007 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Please advice,

i am non eea (indian) national and i got permanent residence (june 2011) and want to apply for naturalisation. my dad is European national.

I just want to know do i have to do life in the uk test to apply for naturalisation?

thanks for help.

lubeji247
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:13 am
Location: London

Post by lubeji247 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 am

You need to do and pass Life In The UK Test.Your father's status as a EU citizen doesn't exempt you from taking the test.

mckhan007
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by mckhan007 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks

mckhan007
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by mckhan007 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am

Lubi one more thing I want to ask you, I not provided life in the uk test when I applied for eea4 (pr) application. Some one told me that my visa in under immegration rules so, I don't need to do the test?

newperson
Member
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:36 am

Post by newperson » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

How many times do you need to be told?

You. Need. To. Take. The. Test.

Immigration applicants submitting under EU/EEA rules do not have to take the test for PR.

However, ALL naturalisation applicants (unless exempted for age or disability) need to take it (if they haven't done so already for ILR) as a condition for being granted UK citizenship.

Susie Q. Britney Spears. Nicolas Sarkozy. The Duke and Duchess of Botswana. Whoever. If any or all of them want to become British: They. Need. To. Take. The. Test.

mckhan007
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by mckhan007 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 pm

omg i was not asking from you. take it easy

and

thanks

mcovet
BANNED
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by mcovet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 am

newperson wrote:How many times do you need to be told?

You. Need. To. Take. The. Test.

Immigration applicants submitting under EU/EEA rules do not have to take the test for PR.

However, ALL naturalisation applicants (unless exempted for age or disability) need to take it (if they haven't done so already for ILR) as a condition for being granted UK citizenship.

Susie Q. Britney Spears. Nicolas Sarkozy. The Duke and Duchess of Botswana. Whoever. If any or all of them want to become British: They. Need. To. Take. The. Test.
What about roger federer, would he also have to take the test, he has practically lived in SW19 for the past 10 years, automatically acquired PR under eu laws, can HE do without the test?

jms_uk
- thin ice -
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 am

Post by jms_uk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 am

mcovet wrote: What about roger federer, would he also have to take the test, he has practically lived in SW19 for the past 10 years, automatically acquired PR under eu laws, can HE do without the test?
No.

mcovet
BANNED
Posts: 494
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by mcovet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 pm

jms_uk wrote:
mcovet wrote: What about roger federer, would he also have to take the test, he has practically lived in SW19 for the past 10 years, automatically acquired PR under eu laws, can HE do without the test?
No.
you clearly are thick

Locked
cron