ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - Naturalisation questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JasmineS
Newly Registered

Please help - Naturalisation questions

Post by JasmineS » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:26 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope that you are well.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me with a few things re my Naturalisation application:

- I am applying through the 3 year route, as the spouse of a British Citizen. I have been living in the UK for 12 years. On the forms, it asks for the date that my husband was Naturalised and his certification number. However, he has misplaced his certificate and doesn't recall the exact date as it was 14 years ago. How important is it to provide these details even though he has been a British citizen all this time?
- If he requests a new copy to be sent to him, how long does that normally take?

- My other question is about proving my residence in the UK for the past 3 years. Can you please let me know what documents I need to provide for this?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Jas

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Please help - Naturalisation questions

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:56 pm

- If they ask for the naturalisation certificate data for your husband, you should do your best to provide them. That is the way to prove you have married a British citizen.

-Your husband can apply here for a replacement certificate https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate, it costs £250. Processing times are not specified.

- Does your passport show stamps for entry and exit from the UK during the qualifying period? If so, you need to provide it, Life in the UK test, English language proof, marriage certificate (as you're applying it through being married to a British citizen), and your BRP (or EUSS proof of settled status). Make sure to review the AN guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:52 am

JasmineS wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:26 pm
Hi everyone,

Hope that you are well.

I would really appreciate it if you could help me with a few things re my Naturalisation application:

- I am applying through the 3 year route, as the spouse of a British Citizen. I have been living in the UK for 12 years. On the forms, it asks for the date that my husband was Naturalised and his certification number. However, he has misplaced his certificate and doesn't recall the exact date as it was 14 years ago. How important is it to provide these details even though he has been a British citizen all this time?The naturalisation cert is what makes him British, not the passport. The passport is just a travel document.
- If he requests a new copy to be sent to him, how long does that normally take?

- My other question is about proving my residence in the UK for the past 3 years. Can you please let me know what documents I need to provide for this?Your passport should suffice if you get stamped in when you enter the UK.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Jas
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

JasmineS
Newly Registered

Post by JasmineS » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:45 am

Thank you so much both for your help! We applied for the replacement certificate, but not sure how long it will take.

Many Thanks

kubasak
Newly Registered

Post by kubasak » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:10 pm

JasmineS wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:45 am
Thank you so much both for your help! We applied for the replacement certificate, but not sure how long it will take.

Many Thanks
Have you got your replacement certificate please ?